• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Going On with Pricing between FS & FT? Come on Guys!!!

Interesting..I went back and looked to the very beginning and read the very FIRST for sale post that was posted on the ODT and the first gun listed(it was a Glock)...for sale.

2nd post in ODT arcive history?...Was complaining that the price was to high...
Link? How do you access old posts from 2010?

Point taken, but if it was reduced that much from fair market value for a quick sale it wouldn't be sitting for several months with no lucky buyer..........

I agree. Just because you list something for sale well below market value doesn't mean anyone wants it. There are tons of guns and stuff out there that are fairly expensive but you darn near have to give it away if you decide you don't want.

5F81757E-1089-41E7-8C39-C5D885C28AC1.gif

I don't understand it either. Sounds as though they really DON"T want to trade - but they will only if it's heavily in their favor. I wonder how many times that has actually happened anyway?

Just say no trades and list a cash price.
WOW!!! - Well said Sir!! -
You just summarized the whole ordeal here...
"Pew... Pew... Pew... Pew" I can hear your gun's shot... lol

Interesting..I went back and looked to the very beginning and read the very FIRST for sale post that was posted on the ODT and the first gun listed for sale.(it was a Glock)...

2nd post in ODT archive history?...Was a post complaining that the price was to high...
Point?

The concept may seem odd to some but it does keep the playing field a little more even. I have bought, sold and traded a decent amount here over the years and it is a fact that if you list an item for a good price on a cash sale you will get hit with guys that want to trade their 500.00 Glock against the discounted cash price. Happens to me all the time. listing a trade value closer to retail cuts down some of that aggrevation. I'm not a particular fan of trade values listed retail plus or statements of "heavily in my favor" but to each his own. No biggie. In most cases it really doesn't matter because if two parties really want to make a deal they make it work so both parties are happy and all those listed prices go out the window. That has been my experience in most cases.
I totally understand... But I think in this case, when you're selling a firearm in a very low discounted price, I would not accept ANY trading offering(or not even advertise for trading options). Would be very conflicting... I bought a 1911 - .45acp Desert Eagle the other day, when the seller was selling it lower lower for $500 because he needed fast cash... I knew the gun would be worth around $780.00, I didn't even had the courage to offer ANY trading deals.

The concept may seem odd to some but it does keep the playing field a little more even. I have bought, sold and traded a decent amount here over the years and it is a fact that if you list an item for a good price on a cash sale you will get hit with guys that want to trade their 500.00 Glock against the discounted cash price. Happens to me all the time. listing a trade value closer to retail cuts down some of that aggrevation. I'm not a particular fan of trade values listed retail plus or statements of "heavily in my favor" but to each his own. No biggie. In most cases it really doesn't matter because if two parties really want to make a deal they make it work so both parties are happy and all those listed prices go out the window. That has been my experience in most cases.

Hey Mods - can we make this a sticky?

The way I saw it is if you really wanted cash but wanted to open up the field a little more.

For example if I had a pistol for sale and you offered me your fancy shotgun I would have zero interest in the shotty but if there was some come up in the trade value, it may be worth it to take the shotty and sell it/trade it for something I actually wanted. But I wouldn't go through all that extra hassle of listing, getting low balled, etc. unless there was some incentive to do so.

I guess it would be easier to list "For sale only" - lot less wadded panties in the process I guess. That, and it's a drizzly Saturday morning before Christmas and folks are just drinking coffee and venting on the interwebz...

Back
Top Bottom