• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Going On with Pricing between FS & FT? Come on Guys!!!

I totally understand... But I think in this case, when you're selling a firearm in a very low discounted price, I would not accept ANY trading offering(or not even advertise for trading options). Would be very conflicting... I bought a 1911 - .45acp Desert Eagle the other day, when the seller was selling it lower lower for $500 because he needed fast cash... I knew the gun would be worth around $780.00, I didn't even had the courage to offer ANY trading deals.

I respect what you are saying but if the person was selling for a low price and also will consider trade it's their choice. That is not a default option to consider trade. You have to check that box. So you offering trade would not be out of line in my opinion.

I think people may forget that the site has been designed to give the lister all these options from the get go. All the same options that are being debated in this thread. So I guess those that don't like guys putting higher trade values than their cash price need to petition to have the sale price automatically default to the trade value if the lister will consider trade. Problem solved! It's all Okuma Okuma fault. lol

If i list for sale only...I get trade offers. Trade only? "what is your bottom $$?"
Unbelievably, but it is true!
I wouldn't make ANY trade offering when the post is For Sale only... But folks out there really do! Like I said before, they trick the trading opportunity just as a poker game, where they bluff all the time!! - I just said it again!! hahaha

I like to look at the "Free" section of the classified here on this site..(because I like free stuff)

A woman recently posted a "Free" gun she wants rid of, and when I contacted her she simply said she doesn't want a gun in her house with the kids.

Just a plain S&W mdl 10 38 revolver.
But
My question? . She wants a Bill of sale and to see my Dr Lic, should I do it, or tell her to keep it?
She keeps contacting me wanting to know if I am still interested...but I'm torn?..

WOW!!! - Well said Sir!! - You just summarized the whole ordeal here... lol

Cool...I finally got something right! :drum:

For example, I listed a Gen 5 G19 with some extras at $420 recently. I threw in a Shockwave 12GA in for $650 total for both. But, if I was going to take a trade it had to be valued at what both guns sell for on average new. ......for the G19 because I priced it close to their perceived value.....

You lose me here. If your guns are used, why do you expect to get a new gun or new gun value in trade? Is that what you're saying?

cry bay.gif

Does this mean I'm never going to see that gold Cadillac bowling ball bag again?

I know- that has nothing to do with the thread...a thread that has been done and overdone a couple of dozen times.

Back
Top Bottom