• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Going On with Pricing between FS & FT? Come on Guys!!!

I see your point but that has to be looked at on a case by case scenario. If someone is selling a 1200.00 item for 800.00 cash hoping for a quick sale because they need it but will consider trade at a true market value I have no problem with that no matter how far the spread between cash sale and trade value is.

This x100. Cash is king and always has been. If someone wants to take a beating a dump for cash, roll it. If I have something I'd like to sell but don't mind trading, I list both the cash number and the trade number. Listing a trade value in excess of cash value cuts down on most of the tire kickers and folks that are clueless on trading. You have not experienced the worst of the ODT until you list something high end at a good cash price and get trade offers that wouldn't bring half the cash back when they were new. I ran a 650 pistol, new price, with a hundred dollar set of grips, new price, and a holster, for 450 bucks and might trade for some knives. I had people offering piles of gas station and flea market junk at some kind of msrp price, and wanted me to kick in the difference. Point being, if you have something you might trade, put a trade value at what it would cost to replace it and work from there. You can thank me later....

Agree ^^^^^nothing like posting an item that is almost new and asking $150 below msrp and you list the same trade price and you get offered something and told they need $50 on top of what they are offering. I just started asking for a trade price of $50 more than my selling price and that really cut down on those type of offers. Those who know me though also know I’m easy to negotiate with.

Agree ^^^^^nothing like posting an item that is almost new and asking $150 below msrp and you list the same trade price and you get offered something and told they need $50 on top of what they are offering. I just started asking for a trade price of $50 more than my selling price and that really cut down on those type of offers. Those who know me though also know I’m easy to negotiate with.
I think I am gonna use this $50 rule... Sounds fair!

Back
Top Bottom