• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats it worth?

K1500? That is 4X4, right?

In a previous life, I worked with a body shop. Invariably damage like that also cracks the transmission case, sometimes also damages the transfer case.

None of this comes to light until they pull it out of the paint booth and try to put it back on the road.

It is a junker at this point.

I'm not awake yet. Need coffee. That sucks that he's not getting a check. I recommend posting it for $1500 on CL. Kind of high, but he will get kicked in the nuts on offers so it's worth a try. Good luck to your buddy.

K1500? That is 4X4, right?

In a previous life, I worked with a body shop. Invariably damage like that also cracks the transmission case, sometimes also damages the transfer case.

None of this comes to light until they pull it out of the paint booth and try to put it back on the road.

It is a junker at this point.

looking at the core support,the radiator is busted
the engine probably overheated
if the engine over heated with a busted rad,then the trans
over heated
the cases dont crack generally but when trans fluid gets over 300 F
it can cause big problems
i wouldn't feel comfortable paying over 3-400 dollars for
it with a clean title

I am gonna say to fix it you are looking at better than 3 grand and that's using aftermarket parts. There's more damage there than u think. Doubt the frame is bent very much. It's worth what someone would pay. It's worth 300 to 500 at a salvage yard. I might pay $500 to take with fixing it. You might get 1000 to someone that will ship it over seas.

The engine , computer and harness if it's in good running condition is worth about ~$700-850 if he removes the wiring harness carefully and doesn't cut any wires

which engine does it have ?
A 97 could have the older vortec 350 or the LS 4.6 / 5.3

As the others mentioned it was worth about $3000 before it got wrecked
Worth about $650-700 tops now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom