• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's on the grill tonight?

Shotgun shells.. meat church style.

2C54F436-9857-43C3-83F0-E35A6CF9EFD2.jpeg

Finished product.
Sauced and ready to eat…
793B4322-396E-40CC-B427-6F6F3620C7AB.jpeg
Boy did they SUCK!! Big time.
Damn Manicotti shell was tough as shoe leather. Did the 4 hr fridge time , actually closer to 5… 1hr at 300* and sauced and back on for 10-15 more minutes to set the sauce. I think they overcooked maybe… anyways, my attempt at shotgun shells were duds….hell, can’t win’em all.

I’ve done brisket before and just been so-so to me. Butts, ribs, chicken are perfect. I really want to learn before I try another. Can/should you separate the cap from the point and cook separately? Good YT channels where I can learn more? How do you know exactly where to slice? XL BGE user for years and love it. Thanks all.
Malcolm Reed. HowToBBQright.

I did grill hamburgers last night and while the grill was hot I brought the earlier cooked flat up to 210 degrees and then pulled it, letting it rest in the cooler for 5 hours.

Not perfect, but "salvaged" in that it's perfectly butter tender now. I hate throwing anything out and I used half the flat earlier this week to make burnt ends. The burnt ends were okay but now I know the temperature is the most important thing to watch with cooking a brisket.

1661702368378.png

No pics from last night's cooked flat...everyone was hungry...lol.
It came out good...very tender and tasty. No complaints.
Leftovers are in the freezer...will do a Brisket Chili when the cooler weather moves in.

A full packer brisket is slightly more juicy....a flat needs that point rendered fat for moisture.

No pics from last night's cooked flat...everyone was hungry...lol.
It came out good...very tender and tasty. No complaints.
Leftovers are in the freezer...will do a Brisket Chili when the cooler weather moves in.

A full packer brisket is slightly more juicy....a flat needs that point rendered fat for moisture.
I would definitely spritz the flat often with apple juice or cider if I decide to smoke one separated from the point.

Got a 2 lb meatloaf on the RT...

My own recipe...1 lb 90/10 ground beef, 1 lb Jimmy Dean's Italian tube, 2 eggs, plain bread crumbs, chopped onion, a dash of milk, shredded parm cheese. Dusted with Ben Heffer's

200 for 1 hr...then 350 until 160 degrees
May glaze when close to done with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet 'n Spicy sauce

Back
Top Bottom