• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's on the grill tonight?

Doing a beef brisket flat today (if rain doesn't trip the GFCI breaker). First time I've ever "barbequed" beef. About 5.5 lbs @ 225 (independent thermometer indicates a 25 degree offset from internal probe) for 8 hours maybe? Plan to paper wrap.
There are temp probe offsets in the controller. Grab the manual or go online I can’t remember off the top of my head

I'm three hours 44 minutes in and it's hit 150 so not quite at the "stall" but I'm going to paper wrap it, back on the smoker and let it ride until 7 p.m. or it hits 200. Planning to let it rest on the counter until it drops to about 170-180 then put in the Yeti to rest for about 8-10 hours.

Edit: Hit the stall (160) now running the temp up 25 degrees to 250 for a about 3 hours trying to reach that 200 degree point.

I'm three hours 44 minutes in and it's hit 150 so not quite at the "stall" but I'm going to paper wrap it, back on the smoker and let it ride until 7 p.m. or it hits 200. Planning to let it rest on the counter until it drops to about 170-180 then put in the Yeti to rest for about 8-10 hours.
Yeah, I think doing the faux cambro is critical in making a great brisket. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Yeah, I think doing the faux cambro is critical in making a great brisket. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Seems to be the overwhelming consensus online where I read/watch tutorials. Short rests are generally not good, long are better. I did pick up a tip where you are told to rest on the counter top for a while to get to the 170-180 temp before you put it in the cooler so as to avoid continued "cooking" you'd get from dropping it straight in off the grill. Pitmasters say it can turn to mush like pot roast. Don't want that.

Back
Top Bottom