• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's on the grill tonight?

Yeah...no more broken sleep nights...
I recently cooked a 15+ lb brisket overnight...17 hrs total...8pm until 1pm next afternoon.
Came out perfect.
I guess I've just gotten lucky. I always put it on around midnight, which is when I go to bed anyways and it's always ready around 4 or so the next day. I see all these guys talking about getting at 3 and 4 AM and I just don't understand it.

I guess I've just gotten lucky. I always put it on around midnight, which is when I go to bed anyways and it's always ready around 4 or so the next day. I see all these guys talking about getting at 3 and 4 AM and I just don't understand it.
My thing with the Egg was I was always worried about it holding temp on a long smoke. Either getting to hot or cooling down and just having to monitor that. Everything I smoked on the Egg was great but it took a lot of babysitting. The RecTec is a set it and forget it deal. I’m lazy.

My thing with the Egg was I was always worried about it holding temp on a long smoke. Either getting to hot or cooling down and just having to monitor that. Everything I smoked on the Egg was great but it took a lot of babysitting. The RecTec is a set it and forget it deal. I’m lazy.
Same thing for me. Went pellet a few years ago and don’t regret it at all. Now, trying to decide if I want a new pellet smoker with wifi or not.

Same thing for me. Went pellet a few years ago and don’t regret it at all. Now, trying to decide if I want a new pellet smoker with wifi or not.
The thing about WI-FI- I can monitor the cook without looking. My iPad/ phone tells me when it’s getting close to being to temp with a pop up. Hell… I can run to the store to buy a steak and fire the grill up in the parking lot so it can be heatEd up when I get home. So, so simple and easy.

Back
Top Bottom