• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats so bad about 7.5 223 ar pistols?

mine runs great. does everything i need to do at 50 yards. you can shoot 600+ with a 223/556 but its still a 22 at that range.
i will take a backpack ar over a longer one. to me the AR is a 100 yard weapon,anything more go with a bigger cal...
the guys who have a problem with them dont own them. i have plenty of other guns for 100+ yards. but for a good home/yard/ family defense close range weapon they are perfect...

Too much loss of velocity to the point where bullets don't expand as they need to to be effective.

Stupid fing loud

Lots of fire. Not good if trying to not stand out
you know 90% of 223/556 is fmj. i dont think you can get a barrel long enough to expand it..
but a flash can on it (flaming pig or the like) and it sends the sound forward.
check a 16" vs the 7.5" shoot at a go pro in the day and night. its not that much of a difference. a flash is a flash. at least a loud huge flame may make them think you have a howitzer..

you know 90% of 223/556 is fmj. i dont think you can get a barrel long enough to expand it..
but a flash can on it (flaming pig or the like) and it sends the sound forward.
check a 16" vs the 7.5" shoot at a go pro in the day and night. its not that much of a difference. a flash is a flash. at least a loud huge flame may make them think you have a howitzer..
I shoot with a can. I also don't load fmj for any sort of defense. All of my mags that are go ready are loaded with soft tip bonded ammo.

I'm more of a hit and drop em kind of guy. Not a make a lot of noise and flash and hope to scare em kind of guy. You probably think that an intruder will hear you racking a shotgun and run scared too. I'm more of a keep a round chambered and introduce myself with a slug believer.

By all means, if you like making loud noises and fireballs, go for it. I prefer effectiveness myself

I am guessing most naysayers are expressing second hand YouTube opinions and do not possess nor have ever fired one. And, yes, I have one each in 223 and 39. They are a blast to shoot, maneuverable even for an old guy and not near as inaccurate as reported by the snobbish experts. JMHO.

If you’re doing it for fun or like a personal CQB gun, yeah shorter is better. But if you’re using it for a fighting gun the 14.5-16 inch beats it in velocity, KE, and accuracy. Also, muzzle flash and blast is an issue. We could see muzzle flashes in the evening on mountain sides in Afghanistan.

If you’re fighting in a city, door to door, or off rooftops you can definitely bring attention to yourself. It’s not about being snobbish or a know it all. It’s real world numbers, experience, and recommendations / best practices.

If you want a 7.5 inch gun, this is America, you do you. I’m all for it.

Shot a buddies 7.5, 4 times. It's ok for a range toy but imo, that's it. The round needs velocity to fragment and it can't get that velocity out of that short of a barrel. The flash blinds the shooter and the noise makes your ears ring through ear protection.

If you are looking for short and effective in the caliber, 11.5 is the way. If you are looking for that short and effective, think 300 blackout or 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom