• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best was the Rolling Stones at the TED, I had good seats which helped.
The worst by far was Rickie Lee Jones, so drunk that she couldn't stand up. A small theater in the Buckhead triangle.

Worst was Metallica at the Omni, I couldn't even tell what song was playing, the acoustics were just that bad. Can't put a finger on the best performance, but the tabernacle was one of the best venues.

Worst was Metallica at the Omni, I couldn't even tell what song was playing, the acoustics were just that bad. Can't put a finger on the best performance, but the tabernacle was one of the best venues.
I agree and the worst for that very same reason was Steely Dan. It was absolutely miserable and was a night of "name that tune" with little success. It was almost bizarre how bad the acoustics were. That was the first and last concert I ever attended at the Omni. :yuck:
Also can't name the best. Probably Prince.

Best concerts: Brian Wilson at the Fox, Metallica at Lakewood, We Were Promised Jetpacks at Terminal West, The Whigs at Athens Theater.

Worst: LAMFO (free ticket) at Ga Dome (little girls dancing to songs that belong at Pink Pony was just disgusting), Lately anything as Masquerade as they just quit working on their equipment. Kid Cudi at Centennial Park, his set was between Childish Gambino and Outcast, two local bands who the crowds were really into, Kid Cudi felt slighted that the crowd wasn't cheering him so he ducked out 20 minutes into his set.

For me the best was Santana. I have seen him twice. Once in 1975 at the Aragon Ball room, Chicago, and in the mid 80's at the Fox.
3 hour non stop show. He introduced each member of his ensemble and each member got to do his or her own solo. The sound was fantastic.
The worst. I mean a steaming pile of dog flop was Frank Zappa at the Civic center in Atlanta. Horrible acoustics and every song had a screaming guitar solo that lasted way too long.
Elvis opening night in Vegas. At the then International Hotel. He worked his ass off. Sang wonderfully. Seemed shy and surprised by the crowds great response. By far the best show I ever saw in Vegas. And I've seen tons.
Elvis....some years later. Same venue. 40 pounds heavier. Would stop songs to hand out sweaty kerchiefs to old women. A very sad show. His last trip to vegas.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Elvis (2 times) & Elton John for the best (mid 70's), even fat Elvis was AMAZING.

STYX was really good, but worst concert because my smoking hot date (now my wife of almost 40 years) had both hands over both her ears even during the warm up group... it was pretty loud. We left quick, she was in tears.

Elvis (2 times) & Elton John for the best (mid 70's), even fat Elvis was AMAZING.

STYX was really good, but worst concert because my smoking hot date (now my wife of almost 40 years) had both hands over both her ears even during the warm up group... it was pretty loud. We left quick, she was in tears.
My wife and I prolly went to the same STYX Concert you did...Opened with Sail Away with the grand piano rising on a pillar on the Left about 12 ft off the stage?

My wife and I prolly went to the same STYX Concert you did...Opened with Sail Away with the grand piano rising on a pillar on the Left about 12 ft off the stage?

I don't remember what I had for lunch and you are asking about a concert 40 yrs ago????
j/k I think that was it, they sounded GREAT (but loud) and I could tell the show was going to be good, heard most of it all the way back to Douglasville, with the windows down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom