• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best was SRV in Nashville in mid 80s. He shredded one song after another from start to finish.

Worst was Bob Dylan in Tampa early 90s. He must have been sick or exhausted.

Stones(1975), Lynyrd Skynyrd(1975) and Willie Nelson(1978) at the OMNI-Best
Neil Diamond-Omni or Phillips Arena-Worst. I hope I never hear "Forever in Blue Jeans", he sang that song 4-5 times BUT, the women loved it!
I was at that Stones show and Skynyrd too. I remember the Stones tix being on sale about a year before the show. Had a girlfriend call me up the day of with tickets. She worked at a record store. If you ever saw the J Giles Band, nobody stayed seated. They rocked the house. Ramblin Gamblin man Bob Seger in 72 could too. The Detroit Demolition.

Dead Kennedys, 1985 at the Metroplex. Manic energy and insane crowd.

The worst one you've never heard of, has long since broken up, and better that the memory of them be forgotten. Shudder.

Alice Cooper put on a great show in Macon last year. 2 hours of non stop music with all the theatrics I went to see. Avenged Sevenfold also get it.
Worst was definely Godsmack in Augusta. They seemed as if they had better places to be than Augusta.

Dead Kennedys, 1985 at the Metroplex. Manic energy and insane crowd.

The worst one you've never heard of, has long since broken up, and better that the memory of them be forgotten. Shudder.
Same venue a couple years later.Cromags at the Plex or Bad Brains at the Roxy. Its a tossup. Wait.. The Accused at the Pit... Hell I don't know. Dixie Witch at the Star Bar? Agnostic Front at the Point? Buzzoven in Savannah? Saw the Melvin's play a heck of a set to a crowd of maybe 25 people one time in Atl...Sorry, I can't pick a favorite. Saw Jesco White in East Atl. That had to be the most pathetic spectacle.

I agree 100% with Jimi Hendrix. Saw him at the 1970 Byron Pop Festival, never forget him doing the Star Spangle Banner, 4th of July 1970. A very close 2nd would be Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon tour at the old Braves stadium in 1974.

Worst was Skynyrd in Memphis, 1975. I'm a die hard Skynyrd fan, 23 concerts to date. They was tore up and put on a terrible performance. Golden Earring open up and blew them out.

Couldn't really pick the best but the worst winner hands down is Linda Ronstadt. Don't remember what year but it was at the Scope in Norfolk Va. The sound was just awful and they could never seem to get it together. Her opening act was a black group called The Bus Boys ( There Goes the Neighborhood The Whites Are Moving In ) and when Linda came out she did an hour show that sounded like really bad karaoke and then just left, no encore, no thanks for coming, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom