• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw so many bands in ATL I can't remember them all. A ton of good ones. Most memorable?.... Probably in 97 when Warzone (RIP Raybees) opened up for the Business (RIP Micky) at the Masquerade. I just got back from Haiti and was on leave. The fiance (now wife of 20 years) got me tickets and we saw them. Raybees died later that year of pneumonia complications (thanks VA).
Rancid were jerks in 95 when they played Masquerade. Total pretentious jerks. Punk primadonnas.
God only knows how many GOOD bands I saw, hung out with, and sang with back in those days. Masquerade was my spot due to me being under 21. The other clubs that had bands play I couldn't get into. Back in those days it seemed like the AntiHeros played once a month at Masquerade. Beer Olympics put on by Mark Noah form the AntiHeros had a ton of band show up too.

The best: Cinderella at Lakewood or HIFI buys or whatever it's called now. I can't even remember the year. Somewhere in the 2000's. They opened for Poison. I didn't really expect them to sound like their albums, because I figured with Tom Keifers singing style that he'd probably blown his vocal cords out by then. I was WRONG. He was AWESOME. They did damn near every song from "Long Cold Winter" and they were spot-on with every tune. They blew Poison away!

The worst: Cinderella at Lakewood

They came back through with Poison again a couple years later and Keifers voice WAS shot that time. He opened their set by telling the crowd that he had been having some serious throat problems, but they had decided to do the tour anyway.

He mumbled, groaned and croaked his way through what was the worst show I've ever seen in my life. They should have just dropped out of that tour and stayed home until his voice was better.

Best was IRON MAIDEN
Man, I'm jealous! They're one of my all time favorite bands since I was a kid, but they hardly ever seem to make it to Georgia.

I hate that I missed the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour in 2008. They brought the "Powerslave" stage set from "Live After Death" on that tour and only played their 80's songs. I don't think they played any songs newer than the "Somewhere in Time" album on the entire tour.

That would have been my DREAM CONCERT!

I saw Yngwie Malmsteen open for AC/DC in 85 at the Omni. I saw him open for Maiden again at the Omni in 87. People had WAY less patience for his Hendrix type guitar tricks and feedbacks that rattled the building. That's the only time I ever saw an act get booed off stage.
Best show (Of Course) was Motorhead in Charlotte back in 2011. I only regret that I didn't get to see them at a bigger venue before Lemmy died.

Man, I'm jealous! They're one of my all time favorite bands since I was a kid, but they hardly ever seem to make it to Georgia.

I hate that I missed the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour in 2008. They brought the "Powerslave" stage set from "Live After Death" on that tour and only played their 80's songs. I don't think they played any songs newer than the "Somewhere in Time" album on the entire tour.

That would have been my DREAM CONCERT!
I want the "Aces High" album cover as a full color tat or airbrushed on both sides of an old Dodge Tradesman cargo van.

I agree and the worst for that very same reason was Steely Dan. It was absolutely miserable and was a night of "name that tune" with little success. It was almost bizarre how bad the acoustics were. That was the first and last concert I ever attended at the Omni. :yuck:
Also can't name the best. Probably Prince.
My wife saw Prince and still is a big fan. My mom wouldn't let me go to the Omni for Purple Rain since I was like 14 at the time. But everybody I know that saw him live said it was amazing. It was just too bad that people actually think Michael jackson was better. No ****ing way! Rick James was better than MJ.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer at the Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ was an awesome outside show (1973?).
Marshall Tucker Band with Charlie Daniels on the fiddle, Columbia University NYC (1974?)
I enjoyed the Eagles final tour too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom