whats the best kit you can buy for under $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

spar1790

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
for under $300 whats the best kit available? I know everyone has their own opinions but is there any kit i should stray from? please feel free to post pics of your setups. Thanks for the support.

The LEE Challenger kit is hard to beat to get started. Most of the components will wind up being replaced over the years if you load much but it will get you started fairly cheap. The press is actually pretty good as far as single stage presses go. I still use one after 10 yrs.

thanks. Im buying it now so all Ill need to get started is the kit and dies for now right? When I look at the dies there are so many kinds and types I don't know which one to get. I want to load 6.8 SPC for now, with more later. can anyone point me in the right direction.

There again, the LEE dies are pretty decent for the money. Not sure if you can get 6.8 in carbide ( I kinda doubt it) but if you can it will keep you from having to do so much lubing. If I remember correctly, the LEE kit even comes with a small tube of rifle case lube. I dont think it comes with a lube pad though. You can use your fingers to smear it on but I highly recommend a pad. RCBS makes a good one.

Lee dies are inexpensive and I would get the 6.8 SPC set with the factory crimp die included. Order it at the same time and save shipping. http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1298348736.2153=/html/catalog/dies-rifle.html

Hum? I don't see 6.8 SPC Lee dies? Might be a problem there but +1 on a carbide set. My first choice has always been RCBS carbide dies. You want full length resizing for a semi-auto, for a bolt gun that is your only 6.8 you could just neck size the brass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom