• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the Best Muzzleloader for the Money?

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
438   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a muzzleloader to replace one that I already have. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something like a T/C Encore (maybe $200-$300) considering I'll only hunt with it a few days a year. I want an inline rifle with the 209 ignition system, something that is really easy to clean and maintain, and above all is reliable. What do you recommend?

I'm thinking about buying a muzzleloader to replace one that I already have. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something like a T/C Encore (maybe $200-$300) considering I'll only hunt with it a few days a year. I want an inline rifle with the 209 ignition system, something that is really easy to clean and maintain, and above all is reliable. What do you recommend?
Cva wolf can be had with a stainless barrel and a scope for $339 at bass pro so you should be able to get one anywhere for cheaper.

I have had a CVA Optima Elite since 2010. I use a .45 cal out of preference, although components aren’t as readily available as they used to be. I’ve killed a pile of deer with it and I’ve never had a single issue with it. 150gr of 777 with a 195 gr bullet is poison on deer. This model is actually capable of swapping barrels to centerfire as well. CVA has great Customer Service too. It’s a Ga based company.
48E9D365-F8D3-4685-AC46-749B3DE2E8F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom