• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the consensus - Apex Glock triggers

The most reliable handgun I see in my courses are stock, or fairly stock, Glocks.

The most unreliable handguns that I see in my courses are Glocks that have been "tuned up" with aftermarket internals and triggers.

If it's a range toy or competition piece, then have at it. If it's a serious use, carry gun either keep it stock, or have someone that knows what they're doing clean it up a bit. Minimally invasive is my recommendation.

If you don't want to leave it stock, the work I do on my carry Glocks is the installation of an Overwatch Precision NP3'ed minus connector and safety plunger, with the appropriate factory parts polished. Won't knock more than 3/4lb or so from the trigger, but the new connector gives a crisper feel with a much more positive reset. I offer this service while you wait at TruPrep in Marietta.

You're a Youtube Gunsmiff!
Guilty as charged! That's the cool thing about a glock is that you can! I replaced every moving part with the finest available parts. I did it slowly and carefully and the tools required was a small punch. I have never cared for stippling so I left the frame as it was. I have been collecting vintage revolvers for decades, but never messed with building or tactical until 7 or 8 years ago.

I believe carry pistols should be very close to stock. I picked up a overwatch connector from Shep and then did a mild polish job on all of the contact points including the frame where the trigger bar drags on my G45. My range toys all have full Zev triggers besides one G34 that has a Van Eck.

I have Apex triggers in my edc 19 and my seldom carry 43.
I carried a completely stock 19 for over a decade until I experienced a flat faced trigger and realized what it could be.
I have a ghost connector in the 19 and the Apex enhanced connector in the 43.
I won't say this setup is as good as a nice 1911 but much better than oem glock trigger imo.
Red is a no for me.

Attachments

• 20221217_190530.jpg
    20221217_190530.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom