• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the deal with Canik

Awesome guns I bought the model called the one came with I mag and 1backstrap gave like 350 for it. Love it I have looktat new models but I just keep shooting mine

I own 3 (2 SFx, 1 Elite Combat) and like them a lot. Put a Freedomsmith trigger, FPB spring and do the "O-Ring" mod and you will have a trigger that will be in mid 2# range, short and crisp for about $80. Never had an issue with mine except running out of ammo shooting them. They punch way above their weight for what you get for the money.

When I see a bunch of one type used thing forsale I think it was popular enough to buy but not keep. Had one, nothing special about it other than the purchase price at the time

Why do smooth brains always think because there's a lot of a certain brand for sale on ODT that it must not be good. Whatever is currently popular in the market will be popular on ODT as well. It's really that simple.
Smooth brained. You answered already

They’re good guns. I think you see a lot on here because they’re fairly disposable when it comes to a collection. I’d rather sell off one of those than a nicer, higher end piece.

I currently own 2 and sold a 3rd but honestly the only reason I sold it was because it was FDE and I cant for the life of me enjoy owning a tan pistol. Other than that they are great shooters especially with the flat triggers and salient upgrades like on the combat executive are just tacticool.

I own 3 (2 SFx, 1 Elite Combat) and like them a lot. Put a Freedomsmith trigger, FPB spring and do the "O-Ring" mod and you will have a trigger that will be in mid 2# range, short and crisp for about $80. Never had an issue with mine except running out of ammo shooting them. They punch way above their weight for what you get for the money.
I have the Canik TP9SC and would appreciate your help in translating this into moron-speak for me.

Freedomsmith trigger, FPB spring and do the "O-Ring"
1. I found their website. But, which freedomsmith trigger do you recommend? Can a moron like me install it watching youtube?
2. FPB spring? Who should I get this from?
3. What is the O-ring mod?

I will hang up and listen. Thanks in advance.

I like the Racer style best as it lines up my trigger finger the way I like it. I have several others also that work just fine.
FPB spring= firing pin block spring. Glock and CZ replacements work fine. Very easy to do.
O-Ring mod. I'll have to send you pics and a link for how to do it. Not hard, just need some patience. Basically, an Eagle Claw D (oval shaped) ring from the fishing department. Need to see what size.

YouTube has videos on how to do these and they are ok if you have a few basic punches and hammer.

Back
Top Bottom