• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the deal with prices on consecutive serial numbered guns ?

If it's not a pair of old collectables, they are just pissing in the wind looking for more $.

I could care less but i think an item with a special number like my birthday would be worth a few extra $$$. Only way id care otherwise might be cowboy style pistols in both holsters but it wouldn't make or break a deal.

A gun that is not currently collectible may be collectible in the future.

Having two of the same gun with sequential serial numbers may not mean much today, but if your grandchildren own those guns 60 or 80 years from now, the value might be much more because of that.

That's assuming they don't get shot much, and your descendants retain the boxes and other materials (owner's manual, store receipt, etc.)

Just me but i doubt anything I have today will still be in my familys possession in 80 years. I also think that in 80, I wont care since ill probably be dead in less than 40. My crap will wind up in an estate auction or sold off to pay for my wifes new husbands car. @$#& buying 2 safe queens to use as paper weights for nearly a century. Go buy a nice pistol and shoot the hell out of it while you can and enjoy life. If you want to help your grandkids, start a college fund and hope they dont blow it on drugs or hope that we are not using Yen by then.

Back
Top Bottom