• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's The Georgia Code Covering Use of Force For an Attacking Dog on Public Land or the Roadway?

i reckon they will let go when they choke out from the knuckles pushing into the throat. But I sure hope Im never in that situation to find out.

That part but it gets worse.

He said his dogs were like his children and if I shot his dog he would shoot me...

Next time . tell him if he let his children run out in the street like that, he'd be arrested for child endangerment.

I love dogs. They have made my life incredibly richer. I hate the standard "I shoot every stray dog I see in the woods" threads. At some point, some time, every dog is going to "get out" - but a vicious dog in attack mode OFF THE PROPERTY of its owner is another story (unless you''re the popo). If it's like one of your children, then treat it like one - know where it is at all times.

Ive never shaken a pit bull but in my experience with some big mean dogs if you lift a dog up off the ground and shake it long enough by the skin of the throat right under the chin you will eventually get it to submit.
I can't lift 90 pounds of pissed off pit, and I highly doubt you'll keep that hand intact.

Two hands by the skin of the throat under the chin with arms together is the only way I know of to hold and control a big mean dog without getting bit. I’ve done it with a mean Rottweiler/lab mix, a German Shepherd, and a great big old out-of-shape pit bull looking porch dog mix that got loose from its chain down in the hood and started eating another dog. They just can’t get you once you have them right under the chin by the skin of the throat, with both hands and firearms together. The tricky part for sure is getting a good grip without getting bit. I hope I never have to try to grab a mean pit bull or any another big mean dog under the chin. I know I might get bit if I don’t get it just right going in, and I’m not as strong as I used to be either. But if I ever have to pull a big dog off of another dog or a person I’ll be going straight for the skin of the throat with two hands, right under the chin.

Even if you can’t lift them all the way off the ground, if you can get their front legs up in the air.

Btw pit bulls don’t get to 90 pounds. A 90 pound pit is a mix for sure.

I'm not afraid of dogs, never have been even though I've been bitten more than once, but I tried to separate 2 Siberian Huskies once, adult males fighting over a female in heat.
Each weighed maybe 60 pounds? I was in decent shape back then but didn't want to hurt them so couldn't manage to keep them apart.
One of them bit me by mistake and I yelled the F bomb and let them go, stood there with blood dripping down my arm, and all 3 dogs stared at me then walked off in different directions.
I'm not afraid of one dog but 2 or more trying to do you harm is going to be a problem.
Some breeds of dog I might grab, probably not grabbing a dog that doesn't have a neck.

I tried punching a fit 40 pound dog in the mouth one time to break up a fight. I do not recommend that. It didn’t break my skin but it hurt so bad I almost passed out. I had to ice my knuckle and go lay down.

I've broke up more than a few pits fighting, and in all the things I've tried, grabbing and raising both back legs up off the ground has worked well for me( wheelbarrow style).
Having said that there are 2 dogs fighting this tactic will put the one being held at a disadvantage.

I've broke up more than a few pits fighting, and in all the things I've tried, grabbing and raising both back legs up off the ground has worked well for me( wheelbarrow style).
Having said that there are 2 dogs fighting this tactic will put the one being held at a disadvantage.

Next time just grab em both by the throat, at the same time. You’ll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom