• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the most money you have ever put in a lower built.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I was just wanting to hear some the examples of how expense quickly starts adding up and you are not even keeping count. The reason is because I sat down and added up all the parts i have to put into this new lower build. Now this isn't even including the stock. Just the lower, no stock and no trigger it has the adj. stock kit buy not stock.
The reason I as is because I think I am pretty close to building one of the most expensive lowers in the world. Not really the world but it seemed like it when I started adding everything up and I still have not got all the parts I need to complete the lower.
I bought a ATX billet 40 set for my Christmas present this year. I didn't want to go with red or anodized blue parts because I am just not into that but do something that would benefit me and also look unique something besides another black ass rifle.
Well I went to the V Seven website and started ordering titanium parts because they are light and I thought it would give some contrast to the Graphite Black gun chassis I ordered. I haven't got a bolt catch, dust cover, forward assist or a trigger yet. I sat down and counted and I have 350 dollars in just titanium parts and I am not even finished. If you include the actual lower which was in the neighborhood of 170 bucks I have 520 dollars in a incomplete lower and I am not even finished yet.
Let me hear some of the all out crazy builds some you have done without any regard to expense. I don't want to know I am the only Ass hole who has shucked out that kind of money on a incomplete lower.

Here's a great way to up your game.
https://www.spikestactical.com/coll...ipped-lower-billet-gen-ii?variant=32733938892

$450 for just the lower will really make the numbers add up quick. Add your Ti parts, a high dollar trigger and stock, and you could be looking at well over a grand without much effort.
That lower comes with all the parts that I got titanium. Mag release, ambi safty, EZ pull ti take down pins. KNS anti rotation pins that have the side plates. I know where you are coming from. The damn titanium ambi safty was 85 bucks. I figure I have another 150 bucks worth of parts to get me where I need to be. I like the black gun with silver and visa versa on 1911's. So I thought it might look good on a AR15. I will one pissed off jack ass if I don't like it. LOL

I just can't seem to build a budget AR. Every time I start one I have to have the best stuff or I will be disappointed at the end result. Or what ever I skimped on will have to get replaced before I am happy. Being anal is a B**ch.

If you don't like it, just take a sharpie to the shiny parts.:shocked: It should be nice as I've seen a few two toned AR's and they look sharp.

My last AR build was with a $79 (7.62x39) barrel and a $31 ebay hand guard. The BCG was the most expensive part of the entire gun. I dropped it on a Spikes punisher lower I had already built. I like it and it has already been to the woods several times with me. Sounds great with a can on it.

Back
Top Bottom