• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the most money you have ever put in a lower built.

the most expensive lower I have Wilson Combat lower, with Geissele 3 gun trigger, Troy Tomahawk stock, Phase 5 ambi bolt release, Battle arms ambi safety, and Seekins extended mag release little over $950
I will be there after a good stock and a good trigger. I think it's going to turn out pretty nice. I hope it does anyway. It should be lighter than a regular billet receiver set with all the titanium parts. I figure I will put a Ti firing pin in just to continue with the theme. It won't knock much weight off but the main reason is just the color contrast. The barrel I plan on using is a Wilson Combat 6.8spcII Urban Super Sniper 18 inch job. I had an 18 inch WC barrel before and it was real accurate with hand loads and it wasn't a premium barrel like the one I will be using this time. For the BCG I will go with a Daniel Defense unit since I have had excellent results with thier BCG's in my last three 6.8 builds.

I have a black AR with silver accents, I can post a picture tomorrow if that’ll help you. Not sure what I have in the lower but for the rifle I have about $2000-2500 in it.
Yeah that would be nice. I would like to put a eye on it. That will give me some kind of idea of how mine will turn out. If anything else the Ti parts will be strong. I won't have to worry about them breaking anytime soon.

I will be there after a good stock and a good trigger. I think it's going to turn out pretty nice. I hope it does anyway. It should be lighter than a regular billet receiver set with all the titanium parts. I figure I will put a Ti firing pin in just to continue with the theme. It won't knock much weight off but the main reason is just the color contrast. The barrel I plan on using is a Wilson Combat 6.8spcII Urban Super Sniper 18 inch job. I had an 18 inch WC barrel before and it was real accurate with hand loads and it wasn't a premium barrel like the one I will be using this time. For the BCG I will go with a Daniel Defense unit since I have had excellent results with thier BCG's in my last three 6.8 builds.

Sounds like a nice build mine is a Wilson upper 556 heavy barrel with a fortis rail
IMG_1007[1].JPG

Sounds like a nice build mine is a Wilson upper 556 heavy barrel with a fortis rail
View attachment 1456016
With that Fortis Rail do you find any movement or problems? I was going to replace my 14.5 inch 6.8 rifle and then I saw a You Tube video on the mounting procedure and was worried about the rail creeping forward due to the design elements. How long have you had the handguard and how many rounds have you put through it with that handguard? Also have you experienced any problems like the rail creeping forward? If no problems are present it's going to be that one or the Cobalt Arms handguard they are working on. Now you have to send in your upper for them to time something but they are working on a universal handguard. It suppose to come out this month. The front of the Fortis and the Cobalt handguards are very similar. The Colbalt rail has a little more pronounced prongs on it.

With that Fortis Rail do you find any movement or problems? I was going to replace my 14.5 inch 6.8 rifle and then I saw a You Tube video on the mounting procedure and was worried about the rail creeping forward due to the design elements. How long have you had the handguard and how many rounds have you put through it with that handguard? Also have you experienced any problems like the rail creeping forward? If no problems are present it's going to be that one or the Cobalt Arms handguard they are working on. Now you have to send in your upper for them to time something but they are working on a universal handguard. It suppose to come out this month. The front of the Fortis and the Cobalt handguards are very similar. The Colbalt rail has a little more pronounced prongs on it.
I like the look and feel of it, I was concerned when I first watched the installation videos but I have run a few hundred rounds through it and no issues so far. I did follow the instructions to the letter to be safe. I also looked at the BlackRain Ordnance slim rail too but decided on the Fortis.

During the initial Obama run-up to the election. Can't say amount, too embarrassed. I was even asked if I was trying to win a 'most amount' contest at the time. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom