• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the one nicest thing someone has done for you??

I don't wanna know where she put that peg leg!!!

...Wait a minute...
Oh she took the leg off before we got down to bidness. She was real nice and let helped a Cracker out on our first and only date. We got back from Applebee's on Riverside Drive and I was about to fall asleep on her couch. So I looked at her and said " Hey let me show you my trick." And she asked " What trick?" And I scooted up on her and said " Well I can show you better than I can tell you." The rest of the story can only be told in Penthouse or on Cinemax late at night.

A week before closing on my home, i broke my leg and was in a hip cast. Two days before closing, i lost my mother to cancer. I had no family in Georgia and i didn't know many people, with two young sons to care for. I was devastated and felt so overwhelmed. On closing day about 18 pick up trucks with over 30 choir members from our church where i played guitar just showed up and moved everything we own into my new home. When i got back from the funeral (out of state) about a week later, everything was unpacked, beds and other things put together, and fridge was stocked with food. God continues to bless me far beyond what i deserve

x2

I appreciated that more than the guy not slashing my throat with a Sheetrock saw!
1967 ON AN UNAMED RIVER IN CAMBODIA OUR RIVER PATROL BOAT WAS AMBUSHED.AFTER A FEW EXCHANGED SHOTS I GOT INTO A POSITION WHERE I COULD SEE A YOUNG BOY WITH AN AK. HE WAS STSTARING AT ME AND ME AT HIM. AT THAT MOMENT IN MY YOUNG 18 YEAR OLD LIFE I MADE PEACE WITH MY MAKER. WE BOTH STARED AT EACH OTHER AGAIN THEN HE WAS GONE. I WAS READY TO MEET MY FATE THAT DAY AND FROM THAT TIME ON NOTHING BOTHERS ME ANYMORE. HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT NOTHING BOTHERS ME AT ALL. HOPE THAT YOUNG MAN MADE IT OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE.

Awhile back a good Friend sacrificed Himself on a cross to redeem my sins.
^^^^^This^^^^^ And....
Even though I've gone through a lot of rough times in my life, I've also been blessed a lot too. One example that comes to mind happened shortly before Christmas a couple of years ago after I nearly ripped half my leg off on my motorcycle. Someone anonymously sent me a $200 gift card in the mail knowing that my wife & I were having a tough time making ends meet because I had been laid up for so long with the leg. I'm pretty sure I know who did it and he's a member of this site too, but if it's who I think it is I doubt he would even admit doing it. I've never thought of myself as the nicest guy around most of the time so when I opened that envelope and found that gift card and note with it I was kind of overwhelmed, even felt kind of guilty for receiving it. My wife & I both thanked God for putting this person in our lives and prayed that HE would watch over and take extra special care of this man and his family. I don't often cry, mostly only at the death of a close friend or loved one but that act of kindness and generousity brought me to tears.

Back
Top Bottom