• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the stupidest Mod you've ever done?

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
For me, it was when Mosin Nagants were $80 in prestine shape at the time. What did I do? Order every ATI option available (stock, bolt handle conversion, bipod, etc). When it was done, I took it to the range and it did great (I mean, as good as a Mosin can do). During one of the cease fires I added the total cost in my head and realized I could have bought an entry level long range setup for what I sunk into it. It wasn't a complete waste, I now think projects completely through.

For me, it was when Mosin Nagants were $80 in prestine shape at the time. What did I do? Order every ATI option available (stock, bolt handle conversion, bipod, etc). When it was done, I took it to the range and it did great (I mean, as good as a Mosin can do). During one of the cease fires I added the total cost in my head and realized I could have bought an entry level long range setup for what I sunk into it. It wasn't a complete waste, I now think projects completely through.
I will refer you to my still unfinished Mosin 91/30 Icehouse Project. Although I would never use any of that Godawful ATI plastic stuff on it. But the moral of the story is if you really want an M44/T53 then just wait until you find one. Do NOT try to turn a 91/30 into one.

Back
Top Bottom