• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the weirdest covid side effect you've had?

This thread isnt about the shot, its about side effects from actually having the virus. Plenty of other threads to bitch about the shot.
%shots! well, cept boobie shots and maybe jello shots but I'm happily married so I guess I'll stick to spring water

The wife, son, and I had it. Tomorrow is my first day back to work. I was instructed by the Doc to take 5 days isolation time, but my employer said 10. I feel like I've been doing time. I'm ready to go back.

My wife had very little sense of smell and taste before covid. Now she has none according to her. I lost smell and still don't have it. My sense of taste is off too. I can taste some foods, but not like my normal way before covid.

I had the weirdest weakness. It was just a real run down feeling. It was weird in that it was on my right side of my body. I thought maybe I had a mild stroke or had a clot or something. Headaches (which are extremely rare for me) were pretty common. Sleep was all over the place. All day, all night etc. It was weird. Just overall a strange thing for me.
still have some exhaustion...but I haven't taken a nap during the day in the past week. huge improvement. first week I was sleeping 14hrs a day...never at night...sigh.

I got delta in early October. It started for me with a rapid heart rate and slightly drippy nose. Then two days later, I started smelling burning metal everywhere, like welders' fumes or maybe like a car fire despite my family assuring me there was no metal smell in the air. Then I lost my smell and taste completely. A cough started up and I also developed super annoying lower back pain. I laid down on a foam mat and had my wife dig her heals into the bad spot to help relieve the pain. Diarrhea was next for about five days, complete with a raw, swollen, burned out asshole. I had a mild 100 deg fever for about six days total and had tachycardia (rapid resting heart rate of 100 BPM) for about 16 days.

During the infection, I developed a stiff neck on the left side, like my neck was popped out. I kept popping it back in, which offered massive relief. Best I could tell the stiff neck might have been a minor case of viral meningitis caused by Covid. After a few weeks of that, I noticed my tinnitus decreasing and has since almost disappeared completely, which is awesome. During and up to 20 days post infection I was totally exhausted. Just checking the mailbox or unloading the dishwasher would wipe me out for about 15 mins afterward. My taste and smell started coming back after about a month. At 90 days post infection, my taste and smell have returned to about 90% of what they were and are improving weekly. My hair has started to fall out more than usual, but I read it can do that post Covid for a few months and then grows back.

I think that was it....

Owner called me into the board room and decided I was not good for his company to knowingly jeopardize his employees and customers. No one got sick. I could have sued but God opened another door for me and it’s been awesome!!
Good for you Sir! And your former boss can go f himself.

I got delta in early October. It started for me with a rapid heart rate and slightly drippy nose. Then two days later, I started smelling burning metal everywhere, like welders' fumes or maybe like a car fire despite my family assuring me there was no metal smell in the air. Then I lost my smell and taste completely. A cough started up and I also developed super annoying lower back pain. I laid down on a foam mat and had my wife dig her heals into the bad spot to help relieve the pain. Diarrhea was next for about five days, complete with a raw, swollen, burned out asshole. I had a mild 100 deg fever for about six days total and had tachycardia (rapid resting heart rate of 100 BPM) for about 16 days.

During the infection, I developed a stiff neck on the left side, like my neck was popped out. I kept popping it back in, which offered massive relief. Best I could tell the stiff neck might have been a minor case of viral meningitis caused by Covid. After a few weeks of that, I noticed my tinnitus decreasing and has since almost disappeared completely, which is awesome. During and up to 20 days post infection I was totally exhausted. Just checking the mailbox or unloading the dishwasher would wipe me out for about 15 mins afterward. My taste and smell started coming back after about a month. At 90 days post infection, my taste and smell have returned to about 90% of what they were and are improving weekly. My hair has started to fall out more than usual, but I read it can do that post Covid for a few months and then grows back.

I think that was it....
Son of a Biscuit eater!! What else could there have been besides death !! Lol. Damn bro, you had it bad.
Were you vaxed then ? Now?

Back
Top Bottom