• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats up with battle worn finsish?

Wear is earned. Each scuff, nick, gouge, dent is a memory, a story and are gained by hard won experience.

The artificial "battle worn finish" is as fake as stolen valor

I wouldn't go that far. Stolen Valor is **** up to the extreme. What people do with there guns is a preference. Now if the add a BS story about fighting off zombies in the desert along with giant killer worms beside Reba. That's a different story.

I didn't say it's the same as stolen valor, I said it's as fake as. A well persevered safe queen with a pristine finish is far more interesting than a firearm that's been roughed up with steel wool and a bleach solution on a leisurely Saturday afternoon while sitting in a comfortable easy chair. Especially when most of the time, the artificially "battle worn" firearm ends up being just another pampered safe queen

M MistWolf I agree with you that wear should be earned. In my fathers collection there are very few pristine guns and very few safe queens. It isn't about beauty some times a worn out gun has quite a story behind it.

Is it just me or is making a brand new gun look beat to death just odd. I have seen some that look pretty cool with multiple layers but just a black gun with the finish rubber off in high contact areas seems like a good way to devalue a new gun.
Let's face reality. The only reason you would want battle worn, would be to imply the perception that the possessor actually knew how and has used the weapon in battle.

Back
Top Bottom