• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with minimalist descriptions?

what_the_hell_blazing_saddles.gif

I assume there is a word limit for ODT, but it has to be hundreds of words.
So what is up with the minimalist, 8 word product descriptions. This cuts across all product categories.

Guns. "FS, SW- Model 15, looks [my favorite] unfired" nothing about barrel length, stocks. Oh and BTW, post the most out of focus picture you have of the item on a dark background,

" Ruger Blackhawk, .357, looks unfired" no barrel length, grip info, frame size

Then in Autos -- who doesn't know to put the transmission, motor size, and mileage in a vehicle ad. Maybe condition of tires, any relevant service.

Boats - Model of the motor. "Mercury 20 HP" leaves a lot to be desired, Info on trailer if included. Is it registered in Georgia, and is the registration current?

If you are a seller and want to sail, now that we can't ask questions, it's on you to describe your product.

Maybe you aren't William Faulkner with the run on sentences, but dang, put the common info in your ad.
I'm sure I've committed some of these infractions. If I'm selling a gun that anyone can look up the stats for, I may not list the specs. And if the gun has never been carried or fired I'm not worried about the quality of the pictures as much because there is no wear that needs to be shown.

I'm sure I've committed some of these infractions. If I'm selling a gun that anyone can look up the stats for, I may not list the specs. And if the gun has never been carried or fired I'm not worried about the quality of the pictures as much because there is no wear that needs to be shown.

Everyone has a damn smartphone with a good camera these days. Why not take 30 seconds to take a clear picture to show there is NOT any wear?

Back
Top Bottom