• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's with the newbie lowballers?

that's my favorite. I have $xxx cash TODAY!! (usually several hundred lower than list). Like he won't pay the same lowball amount any other day. Nice hard sell on your stupid offer dumba**.

Or "right now. Cash in hand!"
Oh hell. What does that mean? Where else was I expected to get it from?!

I put one on ignore, he offered me a sum, I accepted, we were going to meet, then he sends me a text saying he was 200 short of what we agreed on, and would I take less, I told him no, a few minutes later he text back he was still on his way, but suddenly came up with another 100, but he was still short a 100 on what we agreed on and would I take that, I Then he text me and offered a trade, told him, just forget it.. Won't deal with him again . Only been on the forum about a week or two.. :mmph:
Classic BS. Had a guy try that with me on a motorcyle years ago.

i guess we all have been "newbie's" on here. the scary part is that the newbs know your asking too much...:becky::becky:
newbie be like "check yo self" glock 19's aint but 489 new asking price...you can talk the gun store down a little.they also dont call you a lowballer....
i am however a lowballer. i am not cheap and dont try to get over on anyone. just my.......well they hang low,one more than the other..

Of course we were all new at one time. And I said the first time (as usual), "I'll take it". Done.

I really may raise my price $100 so I can get what it's worth after negotiation.

Ok , so , if an item is listed at $115 and I offer $100 would I be out of line ? I’m serious cause there’s an item listed I’m interested in ! Not a gun .
LOL... Six years on this site, 83 deals, 0 negs, I’d say you got it pretty well figgered.
BTW, I would be good with a $100 offer on $115. But that’s just me...

Of course we were all new at one time. And I said the first time (as usual), "I'll take it". Done.

I really may raise my price $100 so I can get what it's worth after negotiation.
boom
its called pricing for negotiations and not getting butt hurt when you get an offer..
the truth is
all the ODTers who get mad at offers are whats wrong with this site. you are not selling "new" so just deal with it and deal with others. no such thing as a firm price on used,if the price is firm its not for sale..
dickering,jewing,haggling are all things i love. thats what i am here for. if i want a firm price and full pop,i will go to the store. but even then i try and get a deal...
this is not in anyway aimed at kudman... this is just a blanket statement to all ODTers

if you dont want offers,get a job in the gun section at Walmart or Academy . if you want to sell on the ODT get over yourself,price fair,leave some wiggle room,and remember...even your mom knows you are not as important as you think you are...just cause you owned,dont make it special,it just makes it used....

Back
Top Bottom