• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's wrong with the World/US pondering...

The entire world has its problems. China is in its own world of hurt right now. Literally every country in the world is tittering on the brink of its own home brewed disaster.

As bad as things are the poorest person in America still lives better and is more educated than a 17th century king.

Plus, what does complaining on ODT do? The only things any of us can affect are ourselves. Be the best you can be, and do the best for others. If everyone did that, the world would be a better place. Don’t buy the products of companies you don’t like. How easy is it to go to a local hardware store instead of walmart or
Ordering off of Amazon? It starts at the individual.

Also, there’s a good post about being a need it now society. That’s why we are poor. Not because of poor jobs, but because people don’t own their financial decisions.

In the famous words of Jordan Peterson, go clean your room.

I can promise you, Unions have not made this country lazy.
The ones that say this most likely don’t have any idea about Unions.
Welfare , paying lazy slobs to sit on their behinds is the thing that has destroyed this country.
I was taught early in life to work for a living by a Union Painter.
I myself am a Union Electrician.
And my family doesn’t draw Welfare checks!!!

Greed, materialism, selfishness, laziness and a Godless society have put us where we are today as a country.

Don't forget to add in the corrupt news media, Big Tech attempting to control the narrative and our thieving politicians lining their pockets with as much cash as they can get their grimy fingers on (what they haven't figured out is the Chinese are using them as useful idiots).....

JMHO

Don't forget to add in the corrupt news media, Big Tech attempting to control the narrative and our thieving politicians lining their pockets with as much cash as they can get their grimy fingers on (what they haven't figured out is the Chinese are using them as useful idiots).....

JMHO

news and big tech is what’s ruining us…I say that as I type on my iPhone, on a website I found using Google. I’m just as guilty.

Welfare , paying lazy slobs to sit on their behinds is the thing that has destroyed this country.
My union comment had zero to do with "being lazy". Reread it. It was a response to why all our cheap stuff is from overseas.
And yes, welfare is crippling.

I'm all for bringing back child labor to get things made in America cheaper. Cheap doesn't always mean it'll just randomly break either. No one takes care of their possessions anymore. I've never broke a TV or phone screen.

I'm all for bringing back child labor to get things made in America cheaper. Cheap doesn't always mean it'll just randomly break either. No one takes care of their possessions anymore. I've never broke a TV or phone screen.
Oh yes the good old days of child labor :lol: Surely you aren't serious about that but nothing surprises me I read on here.

We aren't talking about physically breaking your phone or TV. They just aren't made to last. Smart phones last a few generations before updates make them slow and unusable, or the internal battery on phones like iPhones and the new Samsungs don't hold a charge anymore and you can't replace it. Smart TVs just up and die after 2-3 years of use.

You have drank the KoolAid.
I felt the same way when I was young.
30+ years as a CWA member, with a Pipefitter job steward for a step-dad taught me differently.
(plus when I retired, the local put me on the scab list ‘cause I no longer paid dues.)
And if you happen to be a member of IBEW, ask why members were directed by their job steward to cross our legal picket line at Century Center in Atlanta during our 1986 strike. Only one guy out of that crew had the balls to turn around and go home. They reported and crossed every day of the strike. So much for “brotherhood”.

Oh yes the good old days of child labor :lol: Surely you aren't serious about that but nothing surprises me I read on here.

We aren't talking about physically breaking your phone or TV. They just aren't made to last. Smart phones last a few generations before updates make them slow and unusable, or the internal battery on phones like iPhones and the new Samsungs don't hold a charge anymore and you can't replace it. Smart TVs just up and die after 2-3 years of use.
I don't see anything wrong with children working if they want. Humanely of course.

I’d say the US has been going further down the hole since the 70’s/80’s when our government went full oligarchy. Since then the same families have been tearing this country apart little by little till we’ve reached this point.

Back
Top Bottom