• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats wrong?

gober13

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
473   0
Reaction score
Took my new upper out yesterday to test it out and sight in the scope. It ate every round without any malfuctions(maybe). On a few occasions it double tapped the rounds. Its a 10.5" 5.56 with a aac sdn6 and the lower has a velocity 3# trigger. Ive had this lower on my 8" .300 blk suppressed and unsuppressed and this has never happened. Anyone know what might be going on? Thanks

Typically this malfunction starts intermittently. Give it time, it will probably begin to happen with the other upper. Throw a new disconnector in and see if it happens. From my experience, this is usually the best place to start, and it's simple and cheap.

Trigger has less than 1000 rounds. Probably closer to 500. I was thinking it was just over gassed and when the bolt was slamming back and forth it was causing me to pull the trigger a second time since its only 3#. But not sure was seeing if anyone else has had similar problems.

Typically this malfunction starts intermittently. Give it time, it will probably begin to happen with the other upper. Throw a new disconnector in and see if it happens. From my experience, this is usually the best place to start, and it's simple and cheap.
Its a drop in trigger. Can you change parta in it. It is fairly new

Trigger has less than 1000 rounds. Probably closer to 500. I was thinking it was just over gassed and when the bolt was slamming back and forth it was causing me to pull the trigger a second time since its only 3#. But not sure was seeing if anyone else has had similar problems.

I have a PSA upper/lower that is doing something similar, and it has well <500 rounds through it. I'm in the process of sending it back to them (PSA) to be serviced/repaired. Not sure if it is an out of spec FCG or bolt/firing pin issue.

Back
Top Bottom