• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's yalls opinion? (poll) Should Bumpfire stocks stay around?

Should the Bump Fire stock system be banned or regulated?

• Total voters
wow, I did not realize when I created this post it would get this much attention haha.

I guess after all that has been said, what would be the process the ATF would have to go thru in order to put these onto the NFA registry?

Would companies such as Slidefire have any way to defend their product since its already been approved by the ATF? I believe this is the first time this has happened in history.

Something similar happened in the 90's with the Cobray Street Sweeper I believe... but not at the magnitude that is/would happen now with the bump fire stock.

There is no process the ATF can go through because it would be in direct contradiction with the existing law.

ATF has looked at bump fire stocks twice and said there is nothing they can do. NRA says they need to look again and we need regulations so that means one of two possible outcomes that the NRA wants here.

1. The NRA wants the ATF to put regs in place that are in direct contradiction to existing law. <-- Sounds leftist to me.
  2. The NRA wants the first piece of major legislation from a republican congress and republican president to be a new gun control law. <-- Sounds not only incredibly stupid but suicidal for the republican party and the NRA to me.
And there are a few "gun owners" that think this is a good idea... :wacko:

But hey, look at his way. Industry sales are slumping. Industry will have less to donate. NRA needs an 'alarm' to gen up more revenue and new members to "help them fight the evil forces that are trying to deny 'Muricans their 2A rights!"

Well this was all just about bump stocks... :rolleyes:

Can someone please point to where bump stocks are even mentioned anywhere in this bill??? If this passes it could apply to triggers, springs, buffers, gas - pretty much anything.

And we can thank the sellout NRA and sellout "gun owners" for this nonsense.

https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles/finalbumpstockban.pdf

11 ‘‘(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—
12 ‘‘(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign com-
13 merce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part
14 or combination of parts that is designed and func-
15 tions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic
16 rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle
17 into a machinegun; or
18 ‘‘(2) to manufacture, possess, or transfer any
19 such part or combination of parts that have been
20 shipped or transported in interstate or foreign com-
21 merce.’’.

Well this was all just about bump stocks... :rolleyes:

Can someone please point to where bump stocks are even mentioned anywhere in this bill??? If this passes it could apply to triggers, springs, buffers, gas - pretty much anything.

And we can thank the sellout NRA and sellout "gun owners" for this nonsense.

https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles/finalbumpstockban.pdf

11 ‘‘(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—
12 ‘‘(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign com-
13 merce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part
14 or combination of parts that is designed and func-
15 tions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic
16 rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle
17 into a machinegun; or
18 ‘‘(2) to manufacture, possess, or transfer any
19 such part or combination of parts that have been
20 shipped or transported in interstate or foreign com-
21 merce.’’.

upload_2017-10-10_21-28-44.png

Well I won't win MR Popular here BUT,, I have never had a problem with full auto being regulated. I just don't want any old thug to walk into a gun store and buy a full auto rifle. IF you know how to use a bump stock it is just like full auto. Just me.

Well I won't win MR Popular here BUT,, I have never had a problem with full auto being regulated. I just don't want any old thug to walk into a gun store and buy a full auto rifle. IF you know how to use a bump stock it is just like full auto. Just me.

So you dont believe in the 2nd amendment?

Back
Top Bottom