• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's yalls opinion? (poll) Should Bumpfire stocks stay around?

Should the Bump Fire stock system be banned or regulated?

• Total voters
Lets get real, machine guns should be regulated, there should be an extra hoop you have to go through to get one. I mean we are talking belt fed, smgs, mini guns, all that.

What you guys really should be saying is that if anything they should open up the registry on NFA machine gun conversions, so that average income Americans can buy and possess them. Thats the injustice here.

And on bump stocks, I agree there shouldn't be regulations on a plastic attachment, that can easily be made at home by taking a trip to the hardware store.

There is a difference between the two.

Would you be OK with the government regulating the speed of your motorcycle to 70mph and banning the sale of bolt -on performance enhancing products?

I thought thats what speed limit signs did?
I had a car hit auto shut off at 120 and powered back up around 80 i think.

I thought thats what speed limit signs did?
I had a car hit auto shut off at 120 and powered back up around 80 i think.
merely suggest you drive 70 mph or pay the consequence, what if 70mph it just wouldn't accelerate beyond that? You know for safety!
Most passenger cars are limited by speed electronically to protect the engine and drivetrain, gearing is not infinite.
120 mph is nothing for most sportbikes.

IMG_7027.JPG

Pointless and stupid, but shouldn't be banned. Kind of like those bayonet mag plates for pistols, or the Urban Carry Holster.

I didn't realize all the out of shape operator wannabees who'll be lying dead in the gutter had full autos ?

A) Are you serious, or do you just like to wind people up ?

B) I don't think it matters what you're willing to do, it's what the people who control the APCs, Blackhawks and M60s decide you'll do.

Thats what they said about vietnam and everything in the middle east. How have those worked out. When a people or a segment of society decide they are not going to give up, they become like roaches. You will never get rid of them all.

Honestly, the ATF made a huge mistake allowing this type of bump-stock device to go to market to begin with.

The stated intention was to allow disabled people to fire the rifle simply by pulling it forward. That means that 'manipulating the trigger' is done solely by pulling the gun forward, not any thing you do with your finger. At best your finger is a safety... if you don't pull the gun forward, it won't fire. Period.

Yet as they are designed now, these stocks turn a regular semi into a machine gun just as surely as a Lightning Link would. One trigger manipulation (pulling the stock forward) will almost always result in more than one shot fired.

I was always kind of stunned that they didn't require some kind of disconnector on these so they could only fire once and then had to be reset by pulling the stock back again.

Hopefully the ATF will come to this kind of decision and simply reverse their letter. That would keep us off the 'slippery slope' Pelozi and Fienstein want to put us on and not give the gun-grabbers any political 'wins' to brag about.

It would also make sure that things like triggers, stocks and other accessories don't get pulled into the mix of some poorly crafted law.

Back
Top Bottom