• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's yalls opinion? (poll) Should Bumpfire stocks stay around?

Should the Bump Fire stock system be banned or regulated?

• Total voters
I would argue they do... one 'trigger manipulation' (pulling the gun forward) = multiple rounds fired.

That's the ATF's own definition of a 'machine gun'.

I would argue they do... one 'trigger manipulation' (pulling the gun forward) = multiple rounds fired.

That's the ATF's own definition of a 'machine gun'.
It's not the ATF's definition. It's the National Firearms Acts definition. And its not a trigger manipulation, it's a single function of the trigger. An AR-15 with a bump stock installed is not capable of firing more than one round per a single function of the trigger. Therefore not a machine gun.
IMG_20171007_081635.jpg

Thanks Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert as I stated before today if bump stocks made a semi into a full auto legally I would have bought several before now.

Now if we want to talk DIAS, that does make a semi function as a full auto if internals are all M16 parts (doesnt require a third hole in receiver or auto sear).

OK... so what's 'the trigger' on a bump-fire equipped gun?

The actual part called the trigger isn't really it anymore, since in bump-fire mode there's no way for your finger to make the gun fire... the very definition of a 'trigger'.

With a BF stock installed, the old 'trigger' just becomes a part of the action, because it's the stock itself that's the real trigger now.

And one 'functioning' of the stock (now the trigger) can definitely fire more than one round.

The ATF could have avoided this mess by making sure the 'trigger' (aka stock) would only work in a one-shot-per-manipulation (or functioning if you like) manner.

Adding a cam or a ratchet that would have made you manually reset the stock between shots would have been 100% consistent with it's stated use, and prevented it from turning a gun into a burst-capable 'machine gun').

The actual part called the trigger isn't really it anymore, since in bump-fire mode there's no way for your finger to make the gun fire... the very definition of a 'trigger'.

With a BF stock installed, the old 'trigger' just becomes a part of the action, because it's the stock itself that's the real trigger now.

And one 'functioning' of the stock (now the trigger) can definitely fire more than one round.

The ATF could have avoided this mess by making sure the 'trigger' (aka stock) would only work in a one-shot-per-manipulation (or functioning if you like) manner.

Adding a cam or a ratchet that would have made you manually reset the stock between shots would have been 100% consistent with it's stated use, and prevented it from turning a gun into a burst-capable 'machine gun').
I give up :lol:

You are making this way more complicated than it is. Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert posted the pertinent part of the law above. The bump stock does not meet that definition, and that's why the ATF ruled the way they did - not once but twice.

1934 law vs 21st century technology...

So the Democrats or trying to lump in the 30 round mags with the bump stocks now. Slithery bastards, take you eyes off of them for one minute and they will sneak up and slide the cock ring back on ya.

I thought thats what speed limit signs did?
I had a car hit auto shut off at 120 and powered back up around 80 i think.

BULL****! Some Cars are governed meaning that they are only able to go lets say 99mph @ 99mph the throttle will slack off and not let it go over the set mph computer cars will regulate fuel. NO car company is going to make a car shut off on its own causing loss of power steering and power brakes while going down the road at 120mph:rolleyes: . Your car would simply just not let you go over "120mph" if it only wanted you to do 80mph like "where it started back up":rolleyes: then you would have only been able to go 80mph and nothing more.

And to the nozzle a bump fire stock doesn't make a gun full auto and you can fire individually with the stock on and unlocked. Only one side of the stock has a piece that extends out to the trigger guard that why there are left and right handed bump fire stocks.

Back
Top Bottom