• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's you guys thought on skyjacker defense ar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no personal experience with their products but know that being a local company they have some fans here on the ODT so you're going to hear good and bad about them.

As much as I like to support my local economy when I can I would pass on one of their AR's: at that price point I would rather buy from a more established company or build my own using quality parts.

Is there a reason you're looking at one of their rifles? Did you find one at a good price? Like the fact that they are a local company?

No worse than a couple others on the market.For what it is not a bad Ar, its not like your going to war with it.
How would you or anyone else know? They never posted specs on any of the parts used. For all we know, it was an assemblage of the cheapest parts they could find, slapped onto a heavy billet lower. Big deal. At least other manufacturers in that price range tell you what you're buying. And at that price, you can have the best, in some cases for much less money. They're just another fly by night AR maker looking to cash in on the post panic boom. But they missed their window. If you're going to spend that kind of money, why NOT buy a gun you could go to war with? There are lots of high quality rifles that can be had for similar or lower cost. Don't be distracted by the shiny billet, cerakote and silly tests involving HD trucks. That's what they're counting on.

Last I checked, their website was still down, because they took it down after people started asking hard questions.

Heck, despite my criticisms, I offered to do a T&E on my dime and report back here. My only condition was that they provide a gun for testing (to be returned upon completion of the test) and I be allowed to do it on my time. Not exactly a big ask. They never responded. That's not the action of a company that believes in their product.

I also communicated with one of their distributors who stepped in, in their absence. He offered to help conduct the test, but insisted that he control the place, time and attendance. Based on his location and schedule, that was not possible. He also would not allow the full inspection I offered to conduct. In other words, they would not allow a third party to fully check the gun out. Finally, I provided a full spec checklist to him to communicate with the manufacturer in order to ascertain the complete specs for the guns. No response was ever provided.

The companies I'm used to dealing with as a customer, aren't afraid of a little criticism. Nor are they concerned about how their products will perform.

I have personally un-f'd 3 of their guns that poor, unwitting customers bought and then brought to me to fix. I told them it should be under warranty and to take it back to Skyjacker. All 3 of them responded to the effect of "hell no, I'd rather pay you than work with those clowns again."

I'd recommend you avoid.

elaborate
for starters I think they are way over priced, for the price I can get a dd, second the folks I've met that work for them have never had any experience as an armorer and have only built in their garage or another work spot in their house ( not knocking building your own gun but I'm not a fan of joe blow building a rifle for retail), and from what the person I know who works for them told me they use cheaper internals so the profit margin is higher. So that's why I'd never buy one of their rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom