• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats your bottom dollar?

Well, I m glad this thread has been opened. I have had this question asked many times and in my humble opion, it is the worst way to begin a negotiated trade as it ends the negotiation immediately. Most of the times when asked this question, I have given them my bottom dollar which has always been a little lower than my advertised asking price and when they come back with an offer a little less, I just look at them and think to myself if they are trying to make a liar out of me or what, but I reply 'nope' and walk away. Now there are some people that will accept the fact that when you give them your bottom dollar that it is your bottom dollar and they will pay it or just say 'I can't do that'.

However, I agree that some of the above mentioned responses would be better as they would keep the negotiation alive.

images.jpeg

I don't usually take lowball offers personal but lately there have been some doozies. Had a Glock 30 in great shape listed for 350 and got one offer of "if you really want to move it I got 300". That one didn't even get a response.

It was the list price, but it just went up.

Na, interested in seeing the responses.

What gets me is when someone asks your bottom dollar, THEN offers you less than that.

Had a guy (not ODT) ask me my best price.
Give price
He asks me to meet him
Wait for him at meeting place
He arrives, talks a while, then offers me about $50-75 less than the price I gave him.
It's just $50 hahaha
Complete waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom