• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats your bottom dollar?

I never enjoyed getting asked "What's your bottom dollar", either OP. Thankfully, most of the time the item I had for sale was already sold or had a real deal working so when I answered I told them that was my bottom dollar and we moved on. Now, if I had 10 items up for sale at the same time, and was trying to juggle all the offers I was getting from halfwit single thought texters, I might have been tempted to be a bit rude to the "bottom dollar" guy. Thankfully, I don't need to operate like I own a store.

Some folks just don't quite grasp the protocol. Easy enough to nudge em into making an offer, then negotiate from there. I've made a couple deals that way.

It’s just part of working the deal. Answer the question and move on. Y’all take this stuff to seriously!

I've asked that question but only once or twice and was pleasantly shocked at the answer.
If I'm selling... I'd tell them the lowest number I'd accept.
It's really not that hard.

Good responses. Very practical. Not as entertaining as some of the other posts though. :cool:

I usually list things at my bottom dollar. Then I find something I really want and miraculously my bottom dollar drops and so does the price in my listing. It doesn’t bother me when people make low offers. Typing no thanks doesn’t take to much time, and not bothering with a response takes even less.

I usually list things at my bottom dollar. Then I find something I really want and miraculously my bottom dollar drops and so does the price in my listing. It doesn’t bother me when people make low offers. Typing no thanks doesn’t take to much time, and not bothering with a response takes even less.
two-fiddy?

Well.....since I don't "need" your money, my 'bottom dollar' is not going to satisfy your requirement for a "good deal." I don't care about your financial situation. I could not possibly care less about your need to build equity in your collection. If you're poor, stop being poor. Especially if you want to own nice guns. Hang out outside the local pawn shops and lowball the desperate walking out with stuff and not money. Then 'trade up' just like on reality T.V.

Well.....since I don't "need" your money, my 'bottom dollar' is not going to satisfy your requirement for a "good deal." I don't care about your financial situation. I could not possibly care less about your need to build equity in your collection. If you're poor, stop being poor. Especially if you want to own nice guns. Hang out outside the local pawn shops and lowball the desperate walking out with stuff and not money. Then 'trade up' just like on reality T.V.

Says the notorious Bibb County Flipper.

C612567D-51CD-4AAE-B823-89314EA1597C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom