• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your "crazy scenario" for why you prepare.

Carrying supplies into North Charleston after Hugo and seeing how base humans can become in short order, I keep food, water, sanitation supplies, water filtration, guns, ammo, fuel, etc., on hand for 3 months for two, 6 months alone. Katrina reaffirmed my impressions.

I don’t have crazy scenario my prepping is basic and simple. I am not planning for the end of the world just a major inconvenience in standard services. It may become the end of the world but let’s hope it does not come to that. 1. Never let my vehicle get below 1/4 of a tank. Especially the 4 wheel drive vehicle. 2. Have enough food to last at least a month. 3. I have get home backs in mine and my wife’s vehicle. I have a generator that can power some minimum devices until my 3 jerry cans of fuel run out. 4. Have medical supplies for first aid or worst. 5. A good supplies of camping supplies are not only good for camping but can be used in an emergency. 6. Have extra propane and fuel for cooking and heat source. 7. I keep plenty of cut fire wood on hand just in case. 8. Keep and have the ability to store a bunch of potable water. I also built a multi purpose on and off road vehicle that main purpose is fun and enjoyment. I have 2700 dollars into this thing and it ain’t pretty but I tell you during snowmaggeddon the only two vehicles on the road was a big yellow road grader and my off road vehicle. The guy driving the grader moving snow actually flagged me down and commented how well my vehicle was doing in the snow and ice. I commented call me if you get stuck and I will pull you out. Everything I own has dual purpose uses. If it is indeed the end of the world I am going with matrix favorite line “we need guns plenty of guns”
Pics of off road

665E4F39-FE22-4B7F-8E00-2AE4D251971E.jpeg

I’m not sure I am preparing for anything. My hobbies and way of life keep me stocked up on most anything I would need for an emergency. Fuel, food, water, batteries, ammunition, clothing, shelters, flashlights, propane etc........ I guess I’m like a sporting goods store lol!

Back
Top Bottom