• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your current C&R unicorn?

I liked the idea there, just not the execution. I know they went to using the HK trigger packs to cut costs, but it doesn't look good. Plus that mag release looks awful.

For that money I want a true replica.

Springfield made a modern 7 million sn Garand copy

Inland made an honest Carbine replica.

Why not this?

For that money I want a true replica.

Springfield made a modern 7 million sn Garand copy

Inland made an honest Carbine replica.

Why not this?

I think they went to far with cost saving measures. People defend them with the whole stamping steel is expensive until you get on a large enough scale, but they cheaped out too much. Anyone whose buying one of these isn't buying it to replace their AR, they're buying it to have a semi stg 44. It looks awful for what its supposed to be and I think it'll be a flop. I just hope it doesn't discourage people from trying to do things like this in the future.

I don't know about that, I think awful American AKs are people trying to undercut the current market and ending up with cheap garbage.
It's certainly possible, although I don't see quite the same level of awful out of the AR market. It looks these copies are trying to strike a balance of affordable and authentic, but at the moment it looks like it might be the answer to the question nobody is asking.

Back
Top Bottom