• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your diet and exercise plan?

So, I figured I would give an update. I have lost 4 pounds in the past week. I have met with a personal trainer and have an exercise routine and eating plan. I haven't had a Coke in 2 weeks, and have cut back on all sugars. I still eat the same things, just smaller portions and over a longer period of time. Feeling pretty good, have a doctors appt in the morning to run some blood tests, hopefully they come back positively.

I lost 35 lbs. in 4 weeks last year. Very easily done. All you have to do is go through a divorce. The weight melts right off.

This is not a thread for the my plan is better than your plan crap. This is a thread for all of us trying to lose weight and get in better health to help each other. Everybody is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
We can learn from each other and pick up a few things that may help in the journey.
Start by giving some information about yourself and goals. As much or little as you are comfortable with. This is not a pecker measuring contest, so please let's break from ODT tradition and leave the tape measure in the tool box.

I'll start: I'm 61 and in decent health for a fat guy. I take blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I'm about 6 foot and have weighed as much as 290 lbs about 18 years ago. For me setting short term goals while working towards the main goal works best.

My goal is to weigh 200 lbs, get into better physical condition, lower my BP and cholesterol and get off of the meds if possible.

My plan which I change as needed:
Stationary bike 20 minutes 5 times per week in the morning, followed by crunches and other ab exercises.
Weight training 4 times per week. I start with 10 minutes on the stationary bike for a warm up. Monday is chest and arms. Tuesday is leg day. Thursday is back and shoulders. Saturday is chest, arms, back, and shoulders. I work my abs in between sets.
I work out in the evenings due to my work schedule except for Saturday. I have a protein shake after and take BCAA before and after.

Diet:
Breakfast: oatmeal, fruit, lean meat.
Lunch: mixed greens salad with chicken or fish, oil and vinegar dressing.
Dinner: mixed greens salad, chicken or fish.
I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I cook and bring a lunch to work. I primarily eat salmon and chicken, but also include Ahi tuna, flounder, turkey. I eat lean beef, pork, or eggs twice a week. I need some variety or I would fail.
I rarely drink soda or eat fast food. I very seldom eat bread, pasta, rice, or drink alcohol. Water is my main drink. To eliminate temptation I do not keep crap foods in the house. If I want to snack it's salad, chicken, or fish.
I do have some cheats. Nothing that set's me back. Smoked wings or the BBQ salad with sliced pork from Sonny's for lunch every other week. Cookies at church on Sunday. Oatmeal raisin and white chocolate macadamia nut are my Kryptonite.
I also take vitamins and minerals.

January of this year I had a physical. Weighed 242 lbs my BP was high but acceptable 130/90. Blood work was good.
I started riding the stationary bike and eating better. I had a check up in July. I was down 10 lbs and BP was 110/70. Blood work had improved.
Just before I turned 61 I decided to take it up to the next level and started my plan. Started slow and easy because I may not be old, but I ain't no kid either. The older you get the more prone you are to injury or maybe even a heart attack. Mid August I weighed 228 lbs and wore a size 40. I now weigh 215 and my pants fall off without a belt. I'm still fat but not as fat and my man boobs are going away. The first twenty or so pounds fell off now the weight loss has slowed down. But, as I stated physically I'm changing for the better. Muscle weighs more than fat. My knee and back no longer constantly hurt, mobility and flexibility have greatly improved. Overall I feel better and have more energy.

Okay it's your turn. What's your plan?
You only need 24 hours between muscle groups Sir.

Monday Bis tris shoulders
tuesday chest back legs
wednesday bis tri shoulders
thursday chest back legs
friday bis tris shoulders

I have started using the recumbent exercise bike 3 times a day.

DF2E90A8-4448-4391-B453-A2D620DA34C1.jpeg

My diet and exercise plan:

1-- Walk 78 yards from my parking spot to my seat at the table in Cracker Barrel.

2-- Eat the food shown.

3-- Walk 115 yards from the table to the Country Christmas home decor shop, to the bathroom and back out to my parked car.

Done.

You only need 24 hours between muscle groups Sir.

Monday Bis tris shoulders
tuesday chest back legs
wednesday bis tri shoulders
thursday chest back legs
friday bis tris shoulders

I have started using the recumbent exercise bike 3 times a day.

Excellent, keep it up.
2006 -2007 the shop I worked for paid for my gym membership, I paid for a personal trainer. Kim was a pro bodybuilder and just a wonderful person in general. I went from 280 lbs to 210 lbs. I am doing the same now as best I can remember. And yes 24 hours was the recommended interval. :thumb: The weight is still coming off just slower now as to be expected. To date I have lost 36 lbs this year.

Kim Buck was my trainers name. You can Google her if you want.

Excellent, keep it up. 2006 -2007 the shop I worked for paid for my gym membership, I paid for a personal trainer. Kim was a pro bodybuilder and just a wonderful person in general. I went from 280 lbs to 210 lbs. I am doing the same now as best I can remember. And yes 24 hours was the recommended interval. :thumb:
Kim Buck you can Google her if you want.
Yes Sir those personal trainers are spot on. Sounds like you have a really good program. :)

M- Deadlift Variation, Vertical Press or Dips, Ab exercise - giant set
T- One of the following - Cardio (Iron Wolf on YouTube), Sandbag Complexes, Turkish Get Ups, Sandbag Get Ups, Cut Grass with weighted pack, jogging, sled dragging, long distance farmers carries, rucking, etc
W - Vertical Pull, Vertical Push, Squat Variation, Ab Exercise - giant set
TH- Similar to Tuesday
F - Horizontal Pull, Horizontal Push, Lunge or Squat Variation, Ab exercise - giant set
Weekend - usually one day of light cardio and one day of hard conditioning of weighted carries, tire flipping etc

M- W -F dont eat until 11:30 am and stop eating at 7:30 pm - eat a lot of healthy real food and drink milk

T - TH dont eat until 3:30 pm or later and stop eating at 7:30 pm - eggs, oatmeal, cashews, apple, banana and a regular meal

Sa - eat mostly healthy food - make sure to get plenty of protein

Su - Cheat day - same as Saturday but allow myself some sweets

IF I go hunting or fishing or on vacation - I may go jogging or bring some resistance bands to get some type of exercise in.

Intermittent fasting and eating mostly "God food" as my wife and I call it has allowed me to lose fat, keep it off, and build muscle. I do not count calories or macros, after a while you can read your body and tell what you need to eat.

I'm half a pound away from being under 230. I haven't been that low since sometime in May. Got my lab results back. LDL Cholesterol is high, and doc is recommending a statin. Also Testosterone was low, going to recheck in a month to see if diet and exercise has improved that any. Bought a bowflex cheap at the local yard sale. Now if I can't make it to the gym, I can still get a semi decent workout at home. Now if I can get just get my sleep under control I'll be feeling pretty good.

I'm half a pound away from being under 230. I haven't been that low since sometime in May. Got my lab results back. LDL Cholesterol is high, and doc is recommending a statin. Also Testosterone was low, going to recheck in a month to see if diet and exercise has improved that any. Bought a bowflex cheap at the local yard sale. Now if I can't make it to the gym, I can still get a semi decent workout at home. Now if I can get just get my sleep under control I'll be feeling pretty good.

Diet and exercise can do.wonders for getting a better night's sleep. I sleep much better at 208 lbs than I did at 240 lbs. You will breath better and not eating junk will make you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom