• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite gun tool or gadget?

image.jpeg

Another vote for Uplula magazine loaded. I'll add a level kit for mounting optics. The notion people go to a gun store and pay to get their optics mounted kills me but then again I have a lot of rifles I fiddle with.

189016.jpg

Another vote for Uplula magazine loaded. I'll add a level kit for mounting optics. The notion people go to a gun store and pay to get their optics mounted kills me but then again I have a lot of rifles I fiddle with.

189016.jpg
Question. How do you make sure the rifle itself is level before attaching the barrel level?

Easy for me... without this tool, I wasted lots of time and effort on every new build!!
View attachment 1468854

Specifically, this tool greatly simplifies pivot pin installation. I remember my first AR build in the family room... my wife and I were looking everywhere for the spring-loaded detent pin after it shot out and across the room. She was yelling "be careful, you'll shoot your eye out" (maybe a play on my 4 year-old grandson's and Ralphie's Red Ryder bb-gun saga). I probably spent a couple of hours the first time trying to figure an easy way to install this pin alone. Now, it takes no more than 30-seconds.

I made my first one out of a chopstick. I use a steel purpose made tool now.

I just use a box cutter.. Use the side of the blade to hold detent/spring in place while I slide in the pin.
Now, if I could just find all those I launched before discovering this method...

Question. How do you make sure the rifle itself is level before attaching the barrel level?
I lay a level across the top of the receiver. Then I set the level on the barrel. Remove level from receiver to continue once the level on the barrel is set.

Back
Top Bottom