• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite/new sword?

10 foot crappie rod with a spinning reel taped to it and 6 lb line,Doodle a nightcrawler or a leech in front of a spot and hang on

I just got a new rod and reel as my primary casting rig. Small fish will be fun and big fish are going to be a blast! Really hoping to get into some good Stripers and Bull Reds on it this year.

View attachment 2068219
Sorry for the bad pic.

St. Croix Tidemaster 7'6" Medium Power Fast Action rod.
Penn Spinfisher VI 3500.
20lb. Spectra Power Pro Super Slick Braid.

It's light and handy, but rated up to 17lb. line. You can catch some big fish on 17lb. if you know how to play them. The tip is whippy enough to handle casting light lures well. It's also very sensitive to detect those subtle pick ups. The reel is one of the better Penns, so it has an excellent drag and 220 yard capacity of 20lb. braid.

What's your go-to fishing rig?
Who calls a fishing pole a sword? Apparently I'm not hip.

It depends on how you use it.

I've had several girlfriends tell me I'm a great swordsman, but I thought that was weird. They never saw me fish. :becky:
I've got a St Croix Mojo Bass rod with a Diawa spinning saltwater reel on it I use for bass with crank baits. I like it and apparently they are strong.

1A08DFD4-CE68-4163-9874-911E47D87E30.jpeg

Nice!

I had gotten away from bait casters for a while, but recently have gotten back into them. Man! They are just rockets and sooo accurate.

My wife got me this for our anniversary. Well, when she ask me what I wanted for our anniversary I told her that she had already ordered me a new rod and reel. The Rod wont get here till the day after but she still did good. :)

Back
Top Bottom