• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your take on the firearms market?

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I've been making the rounds up here to the gun shops where I've managed to make friends behind the counter and some owners and every time I go in there there's nothing happening. I got to talking to one the other day and he said he hadn't had a customer in 3 days and he owns a pretty big gun store. So I mulled around about a couple things and left and then immediately went to another gun store that was fairly close. I went in there and it was completely empty. It wasn't for the lack of inventory it's God probably had 150 AR-15s on the Shelf and shotguns and any kind of lever action you could want and pistols coming out the ying yang. I asked him how his business and he said it hadn't been very good. I saw a post on this the other day here but I couldn't find it. But I would imagine with everything else going Sky High that the luxury Market is taking a short hiatus. What are you guys seeing when you're out and about?

I think the market could be in a for a bit of a downturn. Last two years people have been buying guns literally faster than they could be made, and that's not something that could keep up forever. Also a lot of early covid panic buys have been coming onto the used market. If the dems get any traction on an "assault weapons" bill that might change a bit, but it would probably only be a short lived uptick.

Actually kind of curious how the ATF's brace redefinition and "amnesty" will affect the used market. There are states where SBR's are illegal so people can't register them even if they want to, might end up trying to sell them en masse.

I was in the Bass Pro shop in E. Ridge, Tn. last Friday afternoon and I was the only one walking around the gun counter, looking at guns/scopes.

No other customers in the gun department, and it’s almost hunting season?

Back
Top Bottom