• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wheel and tire help...

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
When I bought my truck it had 17" wheels w/ a 38.50x14.50 tire. It scrubbed something fierce when turning. No issues up and down, just turning. So, when I needed new tires, I had to go w/ a 37x12.50 to get narrower. Now it is time to replace tires again and I want taller but not wider tires. I am open to replacing the wheels as well since there are so few tires made for a 17" wheel (or at least I had problems finding them).

So, is there another size wheel that will have a better offering of an aggressive mud tire (currently running Nitto Mud Grabblers)? Or, any insight in a tire company that makes a 38.50x12.50?

Any other suggestions to get wider/taller tires w/o the scrubbing? Offset wheels? Spacer (and how does that effect strength of the wheel/hub connection)?

What wheel are you running now? Stock? Offset?

37x12.50 Toto/Nittos are significantly more than the same tire in a 37x13.50.

18" or 20" is your best bet for options and availability.

What wheel are you running now? Stock? Offset?

37x12.50 Toto/Nittos are significantly more than the same tire in a 37x13.50.

18" or 20" is your best bet for options and availability.

I believe they are Moto Metals; not sure about offset or not, but I don't think they are.

You need to find out the offset and back spacing of your current wheels before anyone can be of much help.

Well, of course, there has to be a snag. LOL

Let's assume I need a new wheel. 2003 F250 FX4 w/ 8" lift; what would you suggest as a good combination to fill up the fender well w/o scrubbing while turning?

Back
Top Bottom