• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wheel Weights, anyone have a source

North Ga Hillbilly

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   1
Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone has anywhere in the Marietta/ Kennesaw area that sold 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights for a decent price. If you know of a place, or have a tire shop yourself, Id appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks
NGaHB

Back in the day that stuff was free at a tire shop. You may want to call some small tire places and ask how do they dispose of it and offer to price match if they are selling it.

Who knows you might find a sympathetic supervisor that will let you have it if you hook him up with some bullets?

Most places will flat out refuse to sell to you. Walmart is that way. Plus of a bunch others. When you do get a place to give you some. Pick it out of the barrel yourself and dont be greedy. Plus fill the bucket up half way remember that tip a half bucket is still heavy but a full bucket will jack up your back. dont try to sort the steel out there. Save that process at home.

I get mine at a certain place my fiancee is a shipping manager there. I only get a little at a time so it not super noticeable. Cause they do sell it. If you go and empty half the barrel someone is going to notice.

Plus it helps that the tire guys fish and I make them sinkers for cat fishing. Cause those are the most expensive. The 3 oz and up to 6 8oz ones are over a dollar a piece and close to 2 3 dollars for the bigger ones. Ill bring them a gallon bucket full of them and pizza a couple times a year and they don't have to buy them. So thats how I get them.

Theres other lead sources. But they dont come up often but when they do you can get hundreds of pounds at once.

I have a good source! I take them off of cars and put new ones on with a new set of tires!! Interstate battery gives me $75 for a 5 gal bucket now! the trouble is the stuff I'm taking off is more steel than lead. Try the pizza route with a $50 bill and you may get lucky, but I doubt it. That's so 1978.

Damn, that's spendy
My uncle has a shop that will sell 30 per, and take the steel back. Im going to try around here some, but probably end up heading down there soon and buying a few buckets when I have the time to sort through while I'm there

Back
Top Bottom