• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When am I NOT responsible for shooting a bystander?

Its a really good way to get shot by an officer or another wannabe hero. Dont be a hero.

Shooting into a crowd is stupid. YOU are responsible for your own safety. If someone is blasting away at a crowd and I cannot get a clear shot then those people are just **** out of luck. I am sorry if that sounds uncaring but I am not going to risk killing an innocent person if I cannot get a clear shot and I have an easy exit path. Id feel worse about my rounds going through the scumbag and killing an innocent person VS cutting my losses and getting to safety. I am not a cop so its not my job to protect the public.

You are responsible for the rounds that come out of your firearm. Period.

Shooting into a crowd is stupid. YOU are responsible for your own safety. If someone is blasting away at a crowd and I cannot get a clear shot then those people are just **** out of luck. I am sorry if that sounds uncaring but I am not going to risk killing an innocent person if I cannot get a clear shot and I have an easy exit path. Id feel worse about my rounds going through the scumbag and killing an innocent person VS cutting my losses and getting to safety. I am not a cop so its not my job to protect the public.

Amen

Unfortunately true. You save 30 people but spend 30 years in jail and loose your house, job and savings. Look at it this way. They should have been packing also. Its their fault they are victims.

As prior military leo, I was trained always to pay attention to the back stop before taking a shot. Even in a crowd, most people will distance themselves from a shooter in a damn hurry once the first shot has been fired. I figure that by the time I've found and taken adequate cover, the crowd should have dispersed sufficiently for me to take proper aim and make an effective shot. I don't think I could live with the knowledge that I had the means to take action and failed to do so out of fear of harm to myself or legal consequences after the fact. As the quote goes, all evil requires to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

If I was within 25 yards I'd pop a 45 round in him to get his attention. Farther than that I couldn't say. In a crowd at more than 25 yards I'd hesitate or try to move closer if unobserved.

Back
Top Bottom