• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when do you bring in the law?

I had a gunsmith keep one of my 1911's (link less, bushing less 10mm)for about 8 months trying to get parts for it. I saw him at the LGS and asked him about it and he pulled out a little plastic coin purse and the part was it in with a few others he was trying to locate. He finally decided to retire and returned the gun and parts to me (no charge) and I was able to find a gunsmith on here ( Shemp Shemp ) I believe. He was able to make me a custom external extractor in a very reasonable amount of time and for the amount quoted.
I would play nice until you find out what is going on. Remember, it could have something to do with COVID or a family member with COVID. Your messages may being read; but he can't respond. Good luck and keep us posted.

Knock on the door. If he answers, be polite but firm. If he tells you to pound sand, then call the cops. If he doesn't answer the door, also call the cops. You can't be arrested for just knocking on his door.

Cops are going to tell you that it's a civil matter. FTF is a good idea, but trying to get the law involved is a waste of your time.

It’s a civil matter exactly what are you going to tell the law do you have something in writing as for a time frame. Go by in person and ask for your gun back.If it’s out of state send him a demand letter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shop is in his back yard and that is coming but being at his house i need to ne careful that i don’t end up with charges against me.

Seriously you sound like the kind of person I wouldn’t wanna deal with the guy has his business back there just walk back and get your information or your weapon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 months after you dropped off the gun, and no communication, it's about the right time to start worrying & going up the chain of escalation.

I would say two months would have been too soon to complain, but now at three and counting it's time to make some noise.

Back
Top Bottom