• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When factory AR's that aren't sport models don't sell......

I keep checking budsguns. Guess I need to broaden my search.

6720 not 6920. Same exact gun but doesn't have the fat end of the barrel for grenade launcher attachment. The barrel profile is the same from the sight/gas block back to the receiver.

https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/colt+6720

I bought mine for $799 with free shipping but that sale ended Dec 31.

I use slickguns.com to crosscheck everything I want to buy, and usually just about everything on ODT can be found cheaper and brand new elsewhere. Sub-$450 G43s and sub-$500 G19s as far as the eye can see.

6720 not 6920. Same exact gun but doesn't have the fat end of the barrel for grenade launcher attachment. The barrel profile is the same from the sight/gas block back to the receiver.

I use slickguns.com to crosscheck everything I want to buy, and usually just about everything on ODT can be found cheaper and brand new elsewhere. Sub-$450 G43s and sub-$500 G19s as far as the eye can see.

In my opinion the 6720 is a far better gun. I hate M4 profile barrels.

I always disliked ARs because they were nose heavy - which was just a symptom of my only experience being with M4 profile barrels. The 6720 profile might make the gun lighter overall, but it changes the balance of the gun immensely so that the weight falls between the hands, not out front. Massive improvement in usability in my opinion.

Here's a good comparison photo. The pictured 6520 barrel is the same as the current 6720 barrel.

i910.photobucket.com_albums_ac306_lindertw_barrel_profile_compare2.jpg

I can see not being able to sell/sale/cell items if people don't have money, but right now there is just a general lack of activity. Not being offered decent trades is something else. All you have to do is look at the number of people currently online and those viewing any particular forum. It's usually not very much.
To me its supply and demand. Think about it. Even over a year ago in the midst of Hillary eminence stores were dumping ARs. I can recall the Perry Walmart which is a dump had half a dozen AR models to choose from. Then they put them all on clearance. Some guys said Walmart was bending over for the gubment but that had nothing to do with it. The factt was that everyone that wanted and AR already had one. So the ARs at Walmart were collecting dust.When the market is flooded with a product that can be assembled by damn near anyone well it's gonna be tough to sell one.

I'm in the market for either model. I would really like to find one of the OEM variants but they seem scarce.
Buds lists the 6720 for $902.00 but I'll start eyeing slickguns as well.

Couple things -

1) Colt 6720s are retailing brand new for just over $800. To me it's hard to justify a $500 hobby rifle when top quality is just a few hundred away. I find it odd that the silly Springfield Saint is selling for the same price as the Colts. I can't fathom why someone would buy the SA with that being the case.

1:8 rifling
Midlength gas (I like)
Better trigger (so the reviews say, haven't shot one yet)
Better furniture (BCM)

Things that, to me at least, are more important than a "pony".

I don't own a Saint and don't need one but I think they check a lot of boxes at a good price, and from calling around, they can be had for $799 if you can find one in stock.

Back
Top Bottom