• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is a firearm considered to be "loaded" here in GA

Nope, that wasn’t a paperweight. It would have been if it hadn’t had a round chambered.

I understand your point man, an unloaded gun is less dangerous than a loaded one in the hands of an idiot. Valid point.

BUT, the point me and a couple others are making is that changing the method of carry IS a solution but not the best. Proper technique is the BEST solution.

Once again, you do you man, I don’t mind how you carry. But don’t classify a loaded chamber as dangerous, it’s the person operating the gun. That’s the same mentality the left has on guns overall. The same one why fireworks and three wheelers and lawn darts and lots of other things are now gone.

You increase the odds of an ND infinatelly by carrying your gat with one in the chamber. As long as you understand that, fine.

dont the Israeli's carry a long gun as well...
action always beats reaction. if you are worried about a ND,dont carry a gun prone to ND's.
carry a double action.
but if you chose to carry,carry prepared. the guy in the church in Texas died with a loaded firearm. he could not draw faster than the bad guy could shoot. it took him giving his life to give the other guy a chance to get the bad guy. trust me,MR Jack Wilson would be dead if he added a "rack in a round" to that scenario.
a loaded gun is a prepared gun,a gun without a round in the chamber is the worlds most useless,dull,cumbersome pocket knife.
carry loaded. if you carry unloaded you should just carry throwing stars. either will get you killed in a gun fight. but at least with the throwing stars,people will talk about you for years to come..
Pretty good analysis of the timeline. Seconds really do count. No way I would carry without one in the chamber.

Sounds like a trick question to me. Whether that's intentional
or circumstantial only the OP knows fer shur.
"When is a firearm considered to be loaded?" is first part.
My final jeopardy answer based on basic firearm safety guidelines
would be A firearm is always considered loaded.
Most folks I know do let their guard down when firearm is
disassembled lying on a bench.
Tricky Part #2 is here in Georgia.
Wasn't aware of any change in rules based on any one state's
border lines. Or is it that Georgians have been raised differently
and have other degrees of 'loaded' (not counting stump hole)
than inhabitants of other 49 states? Those of us not born here
get a free pass but native Georgians may ask why they have been
singled out and whether that is grounds to take offense or not.
Just remember the immortal words spoken by Marshall Rooster
Cogburn in court while under oath.
"Well a gun that ain't cocked and loaded ain't good for nothin "

dont the Israeli's carry a long gun as well...
action always beats reaction. if you are worried about a ND,dont carry a gun prone to ND's.
carry a double action.
but if you chose to carry,carry prepared. the guy in the church in Texas died with a loaded firearm. he could not draw faster than the bad guy could shoot. it took him giving his life to give the other guy a chance to get the bad guy. trust me,MR Jack Wilson would be dead if he added a "rack in a round" to that scenario.
a loaded gun is a prepared gun,a gun without a round in the chamber is the worlds most useless,dull,cumbersome pocket knife.
carry loaded. if you carry unloaded you should just carry throwing stars. either will get you killed in a gun fight. but at least with the throwing stars,people will talk about you for years to come..
And practice drawing while seated. He stood up and then tried to draw.

I do not carry anything with a round in the chamber unless I expect immediate use. Perhaps if I lived in Atlanta or carried every day......

You simply don’t have enough training or experience with your carry gun if you don’t carry one in the chamber. You ever seen a car wreck happen? It happens instantly, very quick... that’s how crime happens. Get yourself some training. Carry one in the chamber.

I have not read all the posts BUT.....
If the problem is that you don't trust a double action or striker fired gun to be your safety, get one that has an external safety and use it?

Back
Top Bottom