• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it ok? I need facts.

Likewise I’ll wait for your citations where it isn’t....

You will be waiting a long time because the phrase "extension of your home" is not used anywhere in any Georgia legal case or statute. It is a concept foreign to American jurisprudence. It is a construct of the interwebs.

It is impossible to prove a negative.

Regarding your alcohol claims, you are allowed to be drunk and drink in your vehicle so long as you are not driving it, and so long as you are not in the drivers seat, you also can be holding your cell phone while doing it.

If the vehicle is inoperable, the same as your house that doesn’t move, then there’s nothing they can do about it.

"you are allowed to be drunk and drink in your vehicle so long as you are not driving it"

I hope for your sake you don't really believe this.

You can be charged with DUI sitting in that same living room.

No one can have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle.

then there’s nothing they can do about it.

Sure there's not.

tenor.gif

Regardless this has nothing to do with drinking.

Your vehicle is a habitation plain and simple.

Copy and pasted from:
https://www.uslawshield.com/3-critical-stand-your-ground-rules-ga/

Official Code of Georgia 16-3-23.1 is known as the “use of force in defense of habitation, property, self, or others—no duty to retreat.” This is what it says. A person who uses threats or force in accordance with code section 16-3-21, which is the use of force in defense of self or others, 16-3-23, which is the use of force in defense of habitation, or 16-3-24, which is the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use force as provided in those code sections, including deadly force.

What that means is if you are justified in using threats of force, force, or deadly force to protect yourself or others, to protect your habitation, your home, your car, your place of business, or to protect your property other than your habitation, the law in Georgia says you have no duty to retreat and you can stand your ground and exercise that level of force, including deadly force, so long as you are justified in the use of that force. Whether you’re justified in the use of that force or not depends on the statute that you rely upon in using it. For instance, if you use deadly force against another person to protect yourself, you can only stand your ground if you’re justified in using that level of force.

In other words, you’re excluded from using deadly force as a justification if you initially provoke an attack in order to use force, if you’re attempting to commit a crime, or if you were the primary aggressor. In other words, if you can’t use the justification of defense by deadly force, then you cannot avail yourself with the stand your ground law. If you are justified in the use of force, threats of force, or deadly force, either to protect yourself or another person, your home, your car, your place of business, or your property, then the law in Georgia allows you to stand your ground and use that level of force.

You will be waiting a long time because the phrase "extension of your home" is not used anywhere in any Georgia legal case or statute. It is a concept foreign to American jurisprudence. It is a construct of the interwebs.

It is impossible to prove a negative.

"you are allowed to be drunk and drink in your vehicle so long as you are not driving it"

I hope for your sake you don't really believe this.

You can be charged with DUI sitting in that same living room.

No one can have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle.

Sure there's not.

tenor.gif

I see you purposely omitted the inoperable part to twist the statement in your favor. Nice.

Many many of us would have DUI in your scenarios just from working on a car and drinking at the same time.
Many many times I’ve been building something fun in the garage and driveway and had the cops called on me for noise complaint, drunk, INSIDE the inoperable vehicle, with an open container when the cop showed up. I have 0 DUI’s and have never been arrested for one either. Sometimes having crap neighbors who call the cops over everything is a plus because you get to learn something.

All of your posts on how/when/where you are allowed to shoot them could also be seen as premeditated. Just saying
This. If you are in serious concern for your family and life. Get off the forum, talk to your lawyer, and fill out every bit of paper work you possibly can to get him away.

OP. I’m sorry for your troubles. Keep making police reports, file a restraining order or TPO, avoid this person at all costs. Even if justified and found innocent, discharging a weapon at another human is something you never ever want to do, especially not in front of your children. The mental and emotional carnage could be horrific for all involved. Move if you have to. Find family or a friend to stay with temporarily, transfer schools etc. do everything you can to avoid a confrontation. Everything. Stop asking questions on the internet. Don’t worry about what is justifiable, worry more about how to avoid the confrontation.

I know this is a serious thread, but some of you guys who responded are turning this trend into an all time great ODT thread. There is ODT gold in this thread.
Please listen to this one. Please.

Buy a body cam, they are cheap these days, and you will have video evidence of any confrontations. I have found some folks will mind their manners when they know they are being videoed.

Rosewood.
Or it could upset them more, have a camera that is inconspicuous.

Seven pages in and we find out harasser is female!
If she's threatening you and your children, why don't you just woman up and give the bitch a beat down she'll never forget?
Oh and post pics. ODT loves pics!

Back
Top Bottom