• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it ok? I need facts.

Wrong, If I understand this correctly:

Defense of habitation; (here habitation means dwelling, motor vehicle, or place of business) A person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if any one of the following is met:

1. A person is breaking\has broken into your home in a violent and tumultuous manner, and you think that the intruder is going to assault you or someone else living there.
  2. A person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters the residence and you know it is an unlawful entry.
  3. The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.
(16-3-23)
Now I have to wonder what this one there is no relations except for a child in common. Can the lines be blurred in that aspect?

Talk to an attorney. You're coming into a public forum and asking advice on when it's ok to shoot someone. This is insane
I'm not really wanting to shoot anybody I'm just wanting to be sure that I would not be in trouble if I had to protect my family I just want to know that if I had to protect my family I would not be the one in trouble. There are many police reports of threats from the other behalf and other things that caused concern. I was informed that this is a good group to find out the laws and that is really all I'm looking for. I just want to know what I can do in a threatening situation without putting myself in jeopardy

I don't mean to cause alarm with my post or seem crazy at all I'm just a concerned mother wanting to protect herself and her family. Not being too sure of what I could or should do in the situation I was looking for advice. My attorney is more of a family attorney that can help me with custody termination and a restraining order but cannot really help with what to do in this situation. I'm not even saying any of its going to happen it may not hopefully it won't I just want to know what I can legally do without going to jail myself if I had to. I know there are crazies out there but I am not one of them I am being pursued by one of them. Have any of you ever met someone that has done a lot of crappy things and got away with all of them broke the law several times and spent the minimum amount of time or just got off with it? that is what I'm dealing with a manipulative son of a butt. I don't mean to sound sensitive but I'm dealing with enough negativity from the situation I don't need people acting like I'm doing something wrong as far as I'm concerned I'm not taking action I'm asking what will be the best thing to do in this case so that I don't do the wrong thing.
I do not understand that if someone comes in my home or gets into my vehicle I have a right to protect myself and my kids I just want to be sure that I will not be the one sitting in jail for doing so. And another thing if I can drive off if I am pursued in my vehicle I'm going to. There has been times I've seen said person and public got my kids loaded up and just left to avoid confrontation. I'm not looking for any dramatic situation or any horrendous Showdown. As I have stated I'm just looking to know what I can do since I have exhausted all other resources that I know I have gotten conflicted answers from law enforcement officers. Please understand I am just trying to protect myself and my children without having to use Force but knowing that I can if I need to.

I know of a work friend who had a stalker. Last time she saw him she maced him, and I think kicked/hit him also. She walked up to him to do this but she was in the area first and he arrived second. Lawman let her completely off. There was a recent thread about the pepper blaster...I think @GAgunLAWbooklet was in it or the OP.

I don't mean to cause alarm with my post or seem crazy at all I'm just a concerned mother wanting to protect herself and her family. Not being too sure of what I could or should do in the situation I was looking for advice. My attorney is more of a family attorney that can help me with custody termination and a restraining order but cannot really help with what to do in this situation. I'm not even saying any of its going to happen it may not hopefully it won't I just want to know what I can legally do without going to jail myself if I had to. I know there are crazies out there but I am not one of them I am being pursued by one of them. Have any of you ever met someone that has done a lot of crappy things and got away with all of them broke the law several times and spent the minimum amount of time or just got off with it? that is what I'm dealing with a manipulative son of a butt. I don't mean to sound sensitive but I'm dealing with enough negativity from the situation I don't need people acting like I'm doing something wrong as far as I'm concerned I'm not taking action I'm asking what will be the best thing to do in this case so that I don't do the wrong thing.
I do * understand that if someone comes in my home or gets into my vehicle I have a right to protect myself and my kids I just want to be sure that I will not be the one sitting in jail for doing so. And another thing if I can drive off if I am pursued in my vehicle I'm going to. There has been times I've seen said person and public got my kids loaded up and just left to avoid confrontation. I'm not looking for any dramatic situation or any horrendous Showdown. As I have stated I'm just looking to know what I can do since I have exhausted all other resources that I know I have gotten conflicted answers from law enforcement officers. Please understand I am just trying to protect myself and my children without having to use Force but knowing that I can if I need to.
I mean i do understand

If he's trying to forcibly enter your vehicle you are without a doubt legally justified to use deadly force. Hopefully that doesn't happen but if it does don't hesitate.

Afterwards say as little to the police as possible. Call your lawyer. It's important to understand nothing you say to police can be used in your favor, it can only be used against you. Not bashing them at all, that's just how it works so there's no reason to talk to them at all.
I doubt this. A fellow banging on your windows cant be laid to rest till he steps inside. Front yard shootings are a no-no in Jawjuh. Prolly goes the same for car window.

Back
Top Bottom