• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it okay to leave negative feedback?

SGT AE Houk

Default rank <1000 posts
Knight's Armament Elitist
99   0
Reaction score
During these unprecedented times, would I be in the wrong to leave a negative feedback for engaging in conversation with the seller, and discussing a meeting place, when I noticed that the seller (without him mentioning to me), raised the price to well above retail on the initial ad? Was he trying to trap me or...?

If you have a set price, location and time and already agreed on that, I say that's a legit reason to neg someone, if they're now altering the deal both parties agreed upon.

Negative, no.
Ignore the douchnozzle, yes. By all means.

P.S. Did you try to get him to agree to meet and complete the sale at the original price he asked for in his ad? Did he explicitly tell you that he was going to raise the price if he sold to you? (no, correct?).
Perhaps that IF your schedules would have matched for a quick in-person deal, he would have honored the price for YOU, but if the deal with you didn't happen, he'd ask more for the next guy or anybody else to express interest.

This is simple. If you've agreed to a place and time to meet and someone doesn't show up they should get a neg. If either party doesn't like the deal, or can't agree one, at the meet they can walk away.

Back
Top Bottom