• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when sh*t goes south?

one long gun for a sub urban SHTF

• Total voters
I voted ak. When have you turned on the news to see an urban warfare scene in a 3rd world country that people were touting ARs? I didn't think so. The entire world has voted AK, why haven't you?
Mainly it's because that's what's been available. Drive through any trailer park in the US and you're gonna see a lot of roached out 1999 Pontiac Grand Prixs and old Rangers, that doesn't mean they're the best cars you can buy for longevity.

AK-47 Vepr Folder.
If it is truly SHTF, I want something that does not need to be babied and cleaned, where ANY kind of fat or oil will work well enough as a firearm lube.
There is a reason why Russian Spetsnaz troops switched to 7.62x39 from 5.45x39 in Chechnya. Needed penetration in urban combat. Vepr is as accurate any AR out there.
I do not see a ton of SS109 penetrator ammo available as a battlefield pick up, negating any advantage AR15 might have over AK47

Mainly it's because that's what's been available. Drive through any trailer park in the US and you're gonna see a lot of roached out 1999 Pontiac Grand Prixs and old Rangers, that doesn't mean they're the best cars you can buy for longevity.
I understand your point but I disagree, respectfully. Most 3rd world situations/SHTF scenarios use an ak over an AR for a reason, availability is just one of many reasons (not soley the only reason).

If your AR can't shoot a couple thousand rounds without needing to be 'babied and cleaned' you bought the wrong AR.
Good question. Is there an AR that can run thru 2 cases of the dirtiest ammo available without choking and needing periodic lubrication?
Load mag, shoot, repeat, Nothing else. IF it is a truly SHTF, a case or two of steel case Tula ammo might be all you have available. Can an AR go thru them without choking?
I do not know.

Back
Top Bottom