• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when sh*t goes south?

one long gun for a sub urban SHTF

• Total voters
I think the limited ammo capacity of most 12-gauge shotguns makes them LESS THAN IDEAL for a zombie uprising / anarchy / widespread looking / Mad Max scenario. I want more ammo capacity than 5 -7 shells.

The most tactical street sweeper I've ever owned was, in fact, a Street Sweeper.
12 bore, 12 gauge, 12" barrel, and it held 12 rounds in a spring-assisted drum magazine.
Having a dozen shots on hand was nice. THAT gun held enough ammo, though it was slow to reload (it loaded and unloaded like a single-action army style revolver).

i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_streetsweep024.jpg

I cast my vote for shotgun based on my Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum. Sure the ammo Is heavier and bulkier than 223 but will inflict much more damage! but what really matters is looking cool when the SHTF... and my Saiga 12 looks so much cooler than your ARs!

You left out MP5 from your poll.
I would much prefer a rifle and a reasonably small sub gun as well. I dragged an HK M 320 40mm, shoulder slung, pistol grip folding stock with me and an M4 all over Afghanistan on foot patrols. With a belt full of fortay mike mike HEDP too easy.

IMG_0667.JPG

I do be chillin' on this mud wall though cause **** does get heavy and miles get long lol

I would much prefer a rifle and a reasonably small sub gun as well. I dragged an HK M 320 40mm, shoulder slung, pistol grip folding stock with me and an M4 all over Afghanistan on foot patrols. With a belt full of fortay mike mike HEDP too easy.

View attachment 1316033

I do be chillin' on this mud wall though cause **** does get heavy and miles get long lol
I never walked very far in Iraq. I spent most of my time sitting on ass. Or posing for pictures. ;)

armed.jpg

919974_589478964403744_365275307_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom